Where are you buying ammo online these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the title says, where are you having the best luck for availability and price? Getting back to shooting and have a decent supply but like to keep at a certain level. Thanks
Civilian Marksmanship Program, Natchez, Lucky Gunner. CMP least reliable in getting it to you timely manner, and their customer service is non-existent. Ever try calling them? You'd have a better chance at getting a date with Jennifer Lopez. But the price per round is good for now.

I wouldn’t stock up now.

While prices have fallen from ridiculous, ammo has not yet returned to normal.

Buy what you need, but I would avoid stockpiling until prices soften even more.

Late 2016- early 2020 was a good time to stockpile.

I wouldn’t stock up now.

While prices have fallen from ridiculous, ammo has not yet returned to normal.

Buy what you need, but I would avoid stockpiling until prices soften even more.

Late 2016- early 2020 was a good time to stockpile.
Let's see. Inflation at almost 9 per cent, raw materials becoming more scarce, Congress considering banning certain ammo, which would most likely trigger more hoarding. What is normal? Let me rephrase. How much lower is it going to go? I've been eyeballing 45 230 grain ammo for a year. Prices are coming down, but the decreases in price are slowing down.

Last edited:
everything goes UP faster than it comes down!! essentials like gas + home heating + of course food + drink come first, BUT gotta have some enjoyment as well! bought a 22 cal revolver- rifle for cheep plinking!! maybe costly food will help slow the obesity trend down, the biggest issue in health IMO!!

Let's see. Inflation at almost 9 per cent, raw materials becoming more scarce, Congress considering banning certain ammo, which would most likely trigger more hoarding. What is normal? Let me rephrase. How much lower is it going to go? I've been eyeballing 45 230 grain ammo for a year. Prices are coming down, but the decreases in price are slowing down.
I agree.

Pinpointing the bottom of the price curve is hard.

Several years ago, when prices fell dramatically from their 2012-2014 highs, I started buying, a case at a time. Back then, it seemed like every month brought new lows.

So, I kept buying. Eventually, they stabilized. Eventually, I had what I thought prudent- enough in every caliber.

People talk about dollar cost averaging in the stock market. Perhaps the stock market isn’t the only place where a dollar cost averaging strategy is appropriate.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, what brand 9mm did you order?
1654217381445.jpg
1654217429687.jpg
1654217482489.jpg
1654217539557.jpg

I ordered the buffalo reman that they do. I ordered it the friday before memorial day and it arrived at my home in kansas this morning. looking over them the brass and bullets all look to be in great shape and the packing is solid as well. The 1k rounds came in a box perfectly fitted to that amount of ammo too I think it was like $280 delivered.

Have you ever delt with the California DMV? I'd rather pull my toenails out with vice grips than deal with them
You’ll need the updated Real ID driver’s license to board an airplane.

Before you say you don’t fly, there may be an unexpected funeral, or hospitalized loved one, where flying is your only option.

Do yourself a favor and get the new license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back