When (Year) did you do your first oil change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013, on a BMW 330i at work. since then I've changed oil on a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351C, a 1968 Chevy Corvette 468ci (at work), as well as the truck in my signature.

Last edited:
2006, on my dads '06 Cummins which is now my truck. I was 15, didnt really know much about trucks, Ive come a very long way since then. diesel mechanic and diesel truck fanatic. i remember that oci because my dad told me to pull the plug and drain it, he walked away and went grab something. Well, when he came back, he was screaming cause I had unknowingly put a bucket too small under the pan, oil all over the driveway and my hair was completely covered in oil.(i was laying next to the bucket not paying attention) Lets just say i had to wash my hair with dawn soap about 5 times lol. first oci i did completely by myself was November 2010, on my '02 Altima, i used PYB 5W30 and a P1 filter. Dealer had changed it before, it took a 15 inch breaker bar to get the plug off and a screwdriver through the filter to get it off. I also faintly remember helping my dad change the oil in his '99 chevy back in 2002 or so. Ive probably done literally 500 oil changes since 2010.

1994, on both my parents vehicles. My dad said if he was going to buy me a car when I turned 16 I had to know how to take care of it.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Probably around 1989 or 1990 on a lawn tractor.

You're still a young buck.
wink.gif
By 1989 and 1990, I was topping up my very thirsty LTD with 5w-30 GTX just about every week.

Originally Posted By: Garak

wink.gif
By 1989 and 1990, I was topping up my very thirsty LTD with 5w-30 GTX just about every week.

LOL! Yeah, I was born in '80.
smile.gif

I believe it was 1974. That was when I took my 1964 Chevy II up a very rocky mountain road. In fact it was fondly called the Rocky Dugway. On the way down, I was going way too fast, and the very worn out front shocks compressed too much in a dip, resulting in the oil pan making contact with a sharp rock. Punctured the oil pan. Coasted most of the way home.

My dad made me buy and install the replacement oil pan.

wink.gif

smile.gif

80 was a good year!

Not my first (likely my second) but recall changing the oil in our 1965 Chrysler Newport with a 383 engine and 2 barrel Stromberg carb. I used Quaker State Deluxe.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith

wink.gif

smile.gif

80 was a good year!

Sure was
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back