When to add Redline S1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a silly question so I apologise in advance. Having just started to use the Redline fuel additive system, a small dose in each tank of fuel, do you add the Redline before filling the tank or after the tank is full or does it not matter? Many thanks in advance if you reply.
Roger

I was alwasy told to put half a tank of gas in, stop, then add the product,(redline, reagaine, seaoam, b12 ect) then fil her up. What ive noticed about doing it like that, in my car, is the products wont kick in, until i use a quarter of a tank.

Logically thinking, adding it before you fill-up would seem to be the best method. It helps to mix the additive with the gas in the tank and the new gas going in the tank.

That's what I do.

With the small amounts it helps wash it down the fill pipe. With large amounts I have not put it in just cause I forgot I was going too. Oops, put in anyhow. No biggie.

Most additives I use are put in just before I refuel. I just always did that since most adds recommend that to begin with. Sometimes though I will just dump in a bottle of something at home before a drive. I did that a few times last winter when I knew I was going to drive it a time or 2 before a hard freeze later that night. I would dump in a bottle or 2 of Isoheet and drive around on my errands. I tend to think it mixes better when put in right before fillup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back