When lt rains it does pour too

1st the high ldle late shift TPS P0121 issue, now new racket under hood.
Does this sound like the tensioner pulley or "hard to say, have to pull the belt and check"

Sounds like an idler pulley. Spray some lube or soapy water on one pulley at a time until you find the culprit. This is assuming the PS fluid is full.

Whatever it is, it sounds dry.
Mechanics' stethoscope could be all you need.
Assess the age and remaining life of whatever you can "while you're in there".
Don't have one ATM but I'll use a long screwdriver or something!

I'll check that out. My Alero had the A/C compressor noise too, but you could see some shavings and movement of/at the A/C clutch on that one.
Try cycling the A/C on and off to compare sounds. It's been a while but I remember those clutches would make that sound when clearances became too tight/close to the pulley.

Last edited:
Back to the first issue I'll just keep it here. It looks like I am losing my TPS low reference back to the ECM commanded ground.
I've inspected for rodent damage at the air box where the the ECM resides, no family of critters present. I've done a wiggle test everywhere that I can see with the car good and warmed up looking at the schematic it appears to me that the low reference return ground to the ECM from the TPS is not shared by any other sensors. If I can't find this intermittent open on my low reference return ground do you guys in the know, see any issue with just piggybacking a wire along the harness to the ECM?
Really not the way I wanted to fix it but I'm sort of running out of ideas.
Issue is intermittent been driving for a good half hour and idle and transmission is shifting fine ATM.
Screenshot_20231014-144534.png
Screenshot_20231014-144534.png

Back