When is the next NAPA filter sale?

I know in the Spring Napa sometimes sells their Platinum filters for $6 or $5. Will they do the same for November/December? I'm due for an oil change soon and I'd like to get one on sale.

Also, don't forget to stack the rebate with the sale. In many cases, it actually ends up cheaper to add an air and cabin filter to that Platinum than just buying the Platinum by itself.

Try different locations for better prices as long as you spend $35 you get free shipping. During the gold oil filter sale not all locations participating found one with sale price and shipped to Tx along with $20 rebate

I get a ridiculous discount on Napa Gold filters, oil, air, any kind, if anyone is interested. Would just have to pay me back and the shipping costs. Let me know.
What is your price on these:

A - 7060MP
B - 1372MP
C - 200420

Just curious to see what "ridiculous" really means. If you can beat my price, you may have a hefty customer, and if it's substantial enough, I'll gladly pay for your time also. I live up to my username. Of course it's also dependent upon your location for shipping costs...

Around here, it’s the last week of February or first 2 weeks of March IIRC for all filters even though it’s called something like the NAPA Gold Farm Sale? I remember the Platinums being just a few dollars more.

According to others here, some stores have sales in the fall too, but AFAIK, my local stores do not.

Around here, it’s the last week of February or first 2 weeks of March IIRC for all filters even though it’s called something like the NAPA Gold Farm Sale? I remember the Platinums being just a few dollars more.

According to others here, some stores have sales in the fall too, but AFAIK, my local stores do not.
"Farm & Fleet Sale" (a.k.a. "Filter Sale" to the counter guys) is what it's usually called. You're correct on the spring timing, and the fall timing is now. As the name suggests, it's timed around the earliest and latest dates the farm equipment should run.

Dang Napa have a sale lol 😂 their stuff is high always I only go there to get my CRC Knock’er Loose
I used to think the exact same thing until I learned their ecosystem. They still are high on a lot of items, but some (like these filter sales) are just untouchable. I actually used to be an O'Reilly guy until I discovered Advance's 40% off online promo codes (R.I.P. 😢). Now they're just 25%, which still beats the competition.

So my process starts with AAP, then O'Reilly only if Advance doesn't have the part I need. NAPA is my exclusive windshield wiper and filter supplier (and occasionally other odd sale items) unless a customer demands a WIX filter (then it's back to O'Reilly), and AutoZone only gets my business for brake cleaner and brake fluid because they are the only ones in my area willing to price match Walmart, which is the cheapest. Simple, right?

Thanks, everyone! I know about the Napa Gold sale and I actually have an extra NAPA Gold filter. I personally want a Napa Platinum filter because I think it "flows" better.

I could definitely be wrong, but when I used a Napa Gold in the winter, it seemed as if my engine made more noise at startup. I want to use the Gold next summer but get a Platinum for the winter.

"Farm & Fleet Sale" (a.k.a. "Filter Sale" to the counter guys) is what it's usually called. You're correct on the spring timing, and the fall timing is now. As the name suggests, it's timed around the earliest and latest dates the farm equipment should run.

I used to think the exact same thing until I learned their ecosystem. They still are high on a lot of items, but some (like these filter sales) are just untouchable. I actually used to be an O'Reilly guy until I discovered Advance's 40% off online promo codes (R.I.P. 😢). Now they're just 25%, which still beats the competition.

So my process starts with AAP, then O'Reilly only if Advance doesn't have the part I need. NAPA is my exclusive windshield wiper and filter supplier (and occasionally other odd sale items) unless a customer demands a WIX filter (then it's back to O'Reilly), and AutoZone only gets my business for brake cleaner and brake fluid because they are the only ones in my area willing to price match Walmart, which is the cheapest. Simple, right?
Advance usually gets my business because they keep a lot in stock that no other place does. Napa I go to for getting my CRC Knock’er Loose Lol. AutoZone I go too because sometimes they have unadvertised sales. O’Reilly I only go to if I have too when you are rude to customers you can’t expect much business. But RockAuto is my go to usually. For wipers and air filters I go to Walmart for. Oil filters I go to Advance or O’Reilly for I go to O’Reilly to get the Bosch for my truck that no where else sales.

Thanks, everyone! I know about the Napa Gold sale and I actually have an extra NAPA Gold filter. I personally want a Napa Platinum filter because I think it "flows" better.

I could definitely be wrong ...

With a positive displacement oil pump the same oil volume is pumped through the filter & oiling system. A difference between oil filters of 1~2 PSI of delta-p across the oil filter due to "flow restriction" isn't going to make any difference in flow.

I have all the patience in the world...enough to do business with 4 different part stores and hunt clearance items like a fiend. I don't have patience to ship, send back, and re-ship parts.
I’ve only ever gotten the wrong part once because it was misboxed from the factory other than that can’t beat the low price for quality parts I can wait a few days unless it’s a need then and there plus I get a discount through my former school they allow former students to use it to say thank you for being part of the program

To be clear, I wasn't being critical of RA or your opinion, nor do I think you perceived it that way. I just shuffle parts around so much to get the best deals that it takes RA out of the equation completely. For a lack of a good example, I buy a case of brake fluid at AZ price matching it to Walmart. Well, two months from now a local Ace Hardware or TSC type of store that carries it decides they no longer want to. I get an insane deal and take it all. I would normally keep consumables like this, but just as an example we'll say it's not and I decide I have too much. I always keep detailed records and receipts, so I return the original case back to AZ because I'm within the 90 day return window. I got the best deal while never running out of product. Return shipping would directly cut into any benefit.

Or a better example, a customer calls complaining about their brakes needing a same-day fix two days from now. I usually automatically order both sets of pads & rotors and have them waiting on the car. They only end up needing rear pads and the rotors resurfaced. I take the other set and the rotors back the next time I go back to the store. No problem. Again, return shipping costs are a problem here. For most, my process would be too much hassle. But I hate making urgent part store trips. I'd rather deal with the 2 minute return to a store I'm in at least twice a week anyway than make a 40 minute unexpected trip to get a part (my closest Advance is 20 minutes away). I don't have the luxury of a commercial account or delivery.

It doesn't help that ability to wait...

Thanks, everyone!

So Today I checked Napa to see if they posted their new flyer, and they did! Sure enough, the Napa Platinum was on sale for $7.49! Not as cheap as it was previously. I bought it for $5 on a June Flash sale. Also, it used to be on sale for $6.49.

Either way, I went to my NAPA store to buy it. The first store gave me a filter that was made in 2011....Almost 10 years old.

I went to a different store and got one made in June 2019. Also picked up 3 Qts of Valvoline 5w-30 since that was on sale too.

Thanks, everyone!

So Today I checked Napa to see if they posted their new flyer, and they did! Sure enough, the Napa Platinum was on sale for $7.49! Not as cheap as it was previously. I bought it for $5 on a June Flash sale. Also, it used to be on sale for $6.49.

Either way, I went to my NAPA store to buy it. The first store gave me a filter that was made in 2011....Almost 10 years old.

I went to a different store and got one made in June 2019. Also picked up 3 Qts of Valvoline 5w-30 since that was on sale too.

I don't think the NAPA Platinum has been out for 9~10 years. Maybe reading the date code wrong - ?

Back