When are we gonna see more GC UOAs ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this hype on the GC and people stashing it in their basements ..........I guess that's where it remained ......... where the #e!! are the UOAs ?????????
dunno.gif

Really? Lots of GC here in the NYC area. I'd think you'd be able to find some in mid/northern NJ... what part of Jersey you from?

I have GC running in dad's BMW 528i--about 6,000 mi on it so far, going for 10K.

I also have it in my SAAB 9-5 Aero, only 1,000 miles on that fill, going for 6K.

Both run great on GC, gonna do UOA on both.

Stay tuned...

I will have a 10,000km (6.2k) report on GC from my Firebird by mid to late March, and an 8000km (5k) report from my wife's Honda around May. My father is running GC in his 2004 Volvo XC70 (light pressure turbo engine) but I'm only going to do one UOA per year on his car, and in this case it will be the 7500 mile interval which he'll do from spring to late summer. It'll be the third interval with GC by then.

Buster stated:
quote:

I can't find GC around here or I'd consider trying it.

Buster,
There is plenty of it up in Northern NJ. The Autozones always have it stocked.
cheers.gif

Well, I am also waiting to get started. I've got enough GC in the basement for 7 oil changes. I will run it in the Vette, the LS1 T/A and the Suburban. The Ford 4.6 SOHC will stay on the Amsoil S2K 0W-30 plus LC and FP "diet" and I will do OUAs on it too once it gets 5,000 on the oil.

I just switched the Redline 5W-30 out of the Suburban (sample is at Blackstone) and refilled with Castrol Syntec 0W-30 US made for the winter. I can already tell that Redline cosistently had 5 lbs. more oil pressure, cold and hot, as the pressure gage in my 2002 Suburban is very sensitive.

I've got it in my truck and have about 3000 miles on it so far. I'll have a 7500 UOA sometime in the spring, April maybe. I just don't drive as much in the winter...

[ December 27, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: jsharp ]

I've got 4000 miles on mine, will run it to 5000 then send it to Blackstone.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I'm in southern NJ out side of Philly.
smile.gif

Oh! 'splains it then. Seems that GC is just starting to show up in PA so maybe it hasn't quite made it to the Philly area yet.

Any good places to get Delvac 1 down there? D1 is pretty hard to find around here...

there were alot of people buying GC, but I noticed on the board that some were complaining about the noise with GC or gas mileage and dumped it to go back to their original oil.

I am on my 2nd fill of GC. I am planning on about 9k by July, that is when I plan on a Blackstone UOA.
I decided NOT to do 3 changes a year for my 18,000 miles per year, only 2. I have only 1 change scheduled for 2004! I have to juggle a few 7 month intervals to get back to the month of my anual inspection (4) to syncronize 6-month oil change. I have been dumping my GC too soon, 5000-6000 is not enough time. I am currently draining the GC from my woman's I-5 Audi as I type, no reason to do a UOA on an obscure old engine unless there was a problem or I wanted a super-long OCI.

Robbie,

I'm dumping the oil at 5000. This is my first interval with GC and I don't want to push it.

The oil is in a Nissan Frontier with the KA24DE engine that is reported to be very tough on oil. Nissan calls for 3750 severe and 7500 normal OCIs with conventional oil. I think this is the type of BS that leads to sludge in modern engines.

Frankly, I've been very happy with GC. The truck is never garaged and the motor starts quickly and sounds good even at 14 below zero. (coldest morning this year...so far) The engine sounds just as smooth now as it did when I poured it in. I've used Castrol GTX and Pennzoil HM (both 10w-30) and with both oils the engine became noisier after 2500-3000 miles. Zero consumption with GC over 4000+ miles as well.

I've got enough for 6 more changes in this truck so I will push it to whatever Blackstone and Terry advise.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

i have a sample of GC with 4750 miles on it in my garage but im too poor to send it in. i will do so eventually. its about 2-3 months old.

i also have about 3600 on my current interval of GC with about 150 miles of high spped racing on a road course.

quote:

Originally posted by oilcanboyd:
i have a sample of GC with 4750 miles on it in my garage but im too poor to send it in. i will do so eventually. its about 2-3 months old.

i also have about 3600 on my current interval of GC with about 150 miles of high spped racing on a road course.

I hate it when that happens. Been there, am there, but I put it in my budget. Without a budget I could not send mine in... I put it either under Truck maintenance or under Oil supplies, sometimes I slip it in under Gasoline.

Ever check the bottom? I have had some I lost in the house and truck, and after setting a long time, there was a layer of dirt (rocks/sand)?

I also QUESTION if a sample after that amount of time is valid. JMHO! Cheers, Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back