What's your go to interior protectant/dressing?

Protect-All
1665770468045.png

Works on everything. You can spray your whole car with it. then just rub it in and buff lightly. Easy and removes tar and rain spots. Best thing ever for the vinyl smoke on the inside of the windshield. My only car care product, except my new.Dustbuster.

Protect-All
View attachment 121094

Works on everything. You can spray your whole car with it. then just rub it in and buff lightly. Easy and removes tar and rain spots. Best thing ever for the vinyl smoke on the inside of the windshield. My only car care product, except my new.Dustbuster.

I’d wonder how that wax would work on glass and anything in the interior.

Hard to say none of the detailing companies offer any type of proof that UV protection is provided, despite the claims. I would think it does help to some degree, but marginal at best.

Gyeon Interior Detailer is a 60% alcohol formulation. That is something I'd be slightly concerned about if used regularly. However, I'm not a chemist and there could be different alcohols being used and other ingredients that offset that. You have to trust their chemistry I guess.

That is interesting. I had heard of some alcohol in the interior products but 60% is more than I expected. I’d wonder what kind of alcohol and what the rest of the formulation consists of.

I have used Sonax Interior Spray with good results. It leaves a matte finish and cleans everything. I would venture to guess it has alcohol in it too as the smell can be pungent if overused. I spray it directly onto a short nap microfiber towel and wipe everything down. The old Einzett now Nextzett cockpit Detailer is similar. That is good stuff as well.

I haven’t used the rinseless wash dilution yet because a bottle of Detailer lasts a long time.

Here is a good description of ethoxylated alcohols.

I just use ONR diluted 256:1. Most interior materials have UV inhibitors built into them, so I no longer apply any type of protectant. Optimum Protectant Plus is like a 303 but more matte finish. The alcohol based interior detailers like Gyeon ID and Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer work well. Megs is by far a better value and works as well or better than the Gyeon.
I use ONR on everything. Is also good as a window cleaner.

anything greasy/shiny and i go blind from sun blasting onto dash surface>glass>eyes.
diluted rinseless shampoo can be ok. has some uv protection

If you like 'The Shiny' you should try CarPro Perl. Undiluted it was too glossy for me. Diluted 1:1 was a bit better. Various uses both interior and exterior. Water-based, UV Inhibitors and dilute depending on your use. One negative is it is not typically available at your local store.
I use this 3:1 to dress the engine bay...good stuff that seems to last.

Any before afters ?
Sorry the turntable left several years ago. Do you remember Klean & Shine that Florence Henderson hawked for many years. That was the best turntable dustcover shine em up. I have two partial cans from the 80's and use it every now and then. Unobtainium you know.

Rehabed vintage turntables for a while. Made money, irritated the arthritis in my hands so had to quit.

3 kids, use Adam's interior detailer, I buy it in gallon size, works perfect. Ran a detail shop for almost 15 years, use Adam's as well, works very good.

Back