Tire dressing that actually protects the rubber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use 303 on my tires but I would like to start using something that gets the tire really dark black and shiny. What is a good tire dressing that looks good but also protects the rubber? I have read that many dressings on the market can dry out the rubber and not protect it at all. Thanks!

Check out croftgate usa, the wheel and tire cleaner dries to a gloss finish and is not slippery, protects rubber also. all of thier products are great.

Ive learned not to waste money on that junk. I had to replace my last set of tires due to cracking with10/32's tread left. I was pretty impressed with discount tire since they bought them back for 400.00.

duragloss tire and rubber protection #251..i can drive in the freezing rain and snow for a couple of days and when said is done, my tires still look great!! also,all summer long in the sun tires stay nice and natural black...

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Ive learned not to waste money on that junk. I had to replace my last set of tires due to cracking with10/32's tread left. I was pretty impressed with discount tire since they bought them back for 400.00.

So you can say with certainty that the "junk" you used, caused the cracking??

What was it?

If that "junk" caused it, why would Discount Tire buy them back?

Last edited:
This stuff has been wonderful for me. Have been using it for about 10 years now.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/interior+detailing/vinyl+%26+rubber+dressing%2C+8+ounces.do

Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
I use Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel

X2
thumbsup2.gif

I've used the Black Magic gel for years and have never had an issue with my tires cracking. I don't drive tons of miles, so they are lasting many years. I can't say if it protects them, but at the very least it doesn't seem to hurt then.

However, I've recently started using Lucas Slick Mist tire shine. It is easier/less messy to apply and it isn't all gooey/sticky. It doesn't give that really glossy/wet look and I've decided I like it better. I've decided I don't really care for that greasy look as much as I used to. It looks good just being black with a slight sheen. I guess I'm getting old. :)

FTR, I really like the Slick Mist Quick Wax (detailer) as well. Good stuff.

Last edited:
The only one I've ever used that I liked is Stoner's More Shine Less Time.

Originally Posted By: whitson01
i seriously dont see how dressings could dry out tires..?
there are plenty of products out there that will shine and protect tires. it kinda depends on if you wanna get something local or internet and how much you wanna spend. my favorite places:
www.autogeek.net
www.detailersdomain.com
www.chemicalguys.com

Technically, tire dressing won't dry out tires. However, silicone based dressings can ruin the UV protectant that's built into the tire, and then the sun will dry them out...

None. Tire dressings do nothing more than attract dirt and dust,plus all of the dressing will end up on the side of your car. Protectants like Armor All,etc,will dry rot your tires. Don`t use any dressings/protectants,just keep then clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back