What’s your filter for beater car/ seldom driven vehicle?

My F150 is driven a few times a month (on rainy days when I can't ride my motorcycle to work or need to move/haul stuff).

I have not even driven 2,000 miles in the past year (changed the oil 5/3/20, have 1,965 miles since that time), current filter is a Mobil1 210a on it.
Why, because I got it with a M1 oil and filter deal at AutoZone a while back.
Next filter will probably be a Fram TG2. Why, because it was on clearance for $2.
I do have a XG10575 that I may use (it is an undersize filter for the PH2). I got it on a whim when I saw it for $5.

I may use the XG next time and do a 5 year OCI since the truck uses a qt of oil ever 1,200 miles.

Home Depot prices stuff competitive with Walmart, it's all orange Fram filters. They're acceptable. Not like I'm going 7.5k between changes.
Never a bad one. Yet.

Whatever is on sale - last one was QS, this time was Motomaster ‘OE Plus’.
The QS one held up real well, no wavy pleats - might get this one again.

Fram Ultra. Have an 08’ Silverado I bought in December of 08’ trying to help bailout GM. It only gets driven now when family members vehicles break down or need to haul something. Just changed the oil and filter today. Last changed 11/2020 and had 4200 miles on it. Changed it after a year time before last and it had 1400 on it.

Currently my less driven vehicle is my 2016 Subaru WRX STi. I only put 489 miles on it this past year and it gets annual oil changes. It received a fresh fill of Redline 5w-40 and a new OEM Subaru Blue oil filter.

Rock auto champ filters bought by the case. On my good, in-warranty cars too.

Wix, NAPA Gold, Hastings or Baldwin..With the cost of replacing an old rat so high (much less everything else) stick with quality . "Betsy" will need to be nursed through a couple more years. Engine is strong but those pot holes are killing ball joints and tie rod ends...

My go-to "inexpensive" filter was a parts store branded or STP branded Champ Labs built rig.
Now with E-cores replacing the steel core design I am left homeless.

Thankfully my FORD runs well on the FL400S so that is my choice, and under 4 bucks at WM !

My 14 dollar a piece mega super Honda FILTECH for a S2000 tore media pleats near then endcaps in the Winter
now I feel there is some weird chemistry going on on the sump and nothing is going to prevent that.
I am NOT putting a Fram ultra on that - at least not yet.

So, I close mine eyes and try to forget ...

My go-to "inexpensive" filter was a parts store branded or STP branded Champ Labs built rig.
Now with E-cores replacing the steel core design I am left homeless.

Thankfully my FORD runs well on the FL400S so that is my choice, and under 4 bucks at WM !

My 14 dollar a piece mega super Honda FILTECH for a S2000 tore media pleats near then endcaps in the Winter
now I feel there is some weird chemistry going on on the sump and nothing is going to prevent that.
I am NOT putting a Fram ultra on that - at least not yet.

So, I close mine eyes and try to forget ...
My go to "house brand" is O'Reilly's MicroGard line. I'm using it on all our cars. Most are Made In USA, part# MGA10339 is now Made in S Korea.

STP ;)
s-l500.jpg

Back