WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE OIL FOR YOUR OWN VEHICLE(S)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the!! ? ^^^^^^ never mind,now it`s gone. it looked like two pages were shown together.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
I don't have a favorite oil.

Really, lol. M1 EP 5W-20 & M1 EP 5W-30 aren't your favorite oils?

Red Line 5W-20 in the 4.6s. I haven't tried an oil that matches it based on my perceptions of NVH both hot and cold, lack of consumption, and fuel economy (versus syn 5W-30s). My only complaint is the cost.

Red Line 5W-30 for the Evolution VIII. Agree with everything said above. For a high performance DD and part time Auto-X car, this oil performs very well. It also helps that I can buy it OTC at the Summit Racing store in Sparks.

For the Saturn and Isuzu, don't really have a set favorite. I just go with whatever is on sale and honestly can't tell a difference between any of the brands I've ran.

I buy oil based largely on price.
This sometimes gets you M1, sometimes PP, and sometimes either GC or Edge.
Once in a while, I have found things like the old Rotella 5W-40 on closeout.
For those who really prefer SOPUS, there is no shortage of deals on oil brands from them. The majority of the oils in my stash at the moment are SOPUS products, with some Castrol (Syntec and GTX), Chevron, Valvoline and Mobil (M1 and Delvac).

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 in:

'03 Safari
'98 LS400
'92 Lumina
'87 IROC

Chevron Delo 15w-40 in:

'87 Legend

I forgot a couple of vehicles.....

Mobil 1 4T 10w-40:
'93 Yamaha FZR600
'97 Honda XR100

Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w-50:
'01 Ducati 748

Since Iowa holds winter, every winter.... and I usually wind up in the mountains snow skiing just as the coldest records are being set each year....Murphy's law often applies!

My favorite oils are 0WXX. That has meant mostly Mobil 1, since the local walmart stocks lots of it at a great price in the 5qt jugs. Pennzoil, others are just not there, or anywhere else convenient or at a competitive price. When they are, I will jump on board!

I use Mobil 1 in all the cars and trucks and lawn equipment.

I run Redline V-Twin oil in the Harleys.

All because they've served me well and UOA's have proven them to be good choices. Plus, M1 is the factory fill in 2 of my vehicles so I just keep it that way. Not that there are not equal or possibly better choices - but that they have worked well for me and my usage.

On sale brand name conventional is my favorite. Currently have a stash of QSGB, VWB and PYB.

Valvoline MaxLife syn-blend for the Camaro and Sunfire. Both vehicles have over 100K mi. Has good add packs and is highly recomended here on BITOG.
The S10 uses Mobil 1 10W30. Has been since 10K mi. Last oil change switched to the HM blend. I only want the best for this truck.

I use Mobil 1 0w40 in my VQ35, I use Mobil 1 5w30 EP in my brother's 2010 altima coupe as for my mom's G37x is use Mobil 1 5w30 and for my Grandma's Acura TSX i use Mobil 1 5w30 EP. VQ POWER!
grin.gif
NOT ONE PROBLEM LOW OIL CONSUMPTION RUNS SO SMOOTH IN ALL MY VEHICLES. Offered in so many different varieties, and its Factory Fill for a lot of High performance vehicles. Though i do want to try amsoil, how would i go about ordering it? Nothing like long OCIS.

Last edited:
I have had good success with Motorcraft 5w20 in both my vehicles. It feels great for performance and seems to do a great job protecting and cleaning. Even though both vehicles spec for 5w30 or higher it just seems to perform better with the 5w20.

I guess mine would be Amsoil because I use it in the motors I have the most money in.

But the entire rest of my fleet runs on whatever synthetic is on sale a AAP or AZ!!!

I like any quality oil at a good price. The good stuff... cheap.

Edge 5W-30 gave me the best results so far in my Outlook 3.6DI. Have some PU (SN) in my stash to try next. Am happy with initial result of FS 5W-30 in the Pursuit. Doing a second run. Have a bunch of PP (SM) on hand to go in there after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back