What's up with all this [censored] censorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
If you are unable to communicate without using foul language, it speaks volumes as to your intellect and maturity.
06.gif

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

The cool thing is by quoting someone you can see what they wrote before the censor.

fffssdd lol.

I like the board this way, beats the others where if you took away the bad words, people wouldn't know how to communicate.

However, I dislike that G O D is censored.

i think helen closed that loophole as soon as it was discovered

I know why this site is censored. It is because Fram [censored] sucks. When you cut that piece of [censored] open you realize you just protected your engine with a [censored] wad of cardboard. You then wonder who the [censored] would use FRAM.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

The cool thing is by quoting someone you can see what they wrote before the censor.

fffssdd lol.

I like the board this way, beats the others where if you took away the bad words, people wouldn't know how to communicate.

It still works. Try quoting someone who has used the censor.

Originally Posted By: crinkles

fffssdd lol.

It still works. Try quoting someone who has used the censor.

Try my original post. You'll see that I simply wrote in "[censored]" instead of using swear words. :) I thought that would be funnier.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
God

Wow, I guess they changed it. The last time I tried was early '08.

I find it folly that words which are not swear words are also censored.

Ie: Popular nickname for a chain store here in Canada: [censored] Tire.
Then there is the discussions of nascar drivers named **** trickle that cause some boards anxiety.

Alex.
Swearing is theraputic. Treat it as a word and you won't get offended by it.

What other words should be [censored]?
I bought an appliance from a certain Japanese company that has a certain four letter word as part of its name and it got [censored].

My car's manifold pressure [censored] needs replacing.
I canna make [censored] dis stuff so late at night.

- creative use of the censor

I always thought that if you were old enough to turn wrenches then your balls had probably dropped by then (and you could handle hearing those evil words). I mean come on, don't try to say that this is a family site for kids. Like a six year old is going to come here to read about old filters for four hours. Just a bunch of guys that worry way too much about there cars (myself).

With that being said, the censorship really doesn't bother me at all, just never really understood it.

I want to try.... This is only a [I'm a potty mouth] test! Hey it works!

I am able to swear on the "reason for edit" though. The admins may want to look into this!!!

Edited by Jeepster_nut (11/08/2009 02:24)
Edit Reason: I'm a potty mouth

Personally I think we have enough disrespect in this world as it is, if one is unable to express oneself in an intellagent manor and not like someone just dragging themselves out of the gutter they may go elsewhere.

Just my opion!

I have belong to probably a dozen different forums this is the first that doesnt allow swearing. Honestly I find it refreshing, flaming on this forum barely exists which is nice!

I'm okay with the harder words being [censored], like the words beginning with "S" & "F" but the words like "C-R-A-P" why can't that be used when talking about the quality of something. Is it really politically incorrect to use such a word?

And it makes trying to get your point across so much more difficult.

Also why are the PM's also censored? I mean if you are having a private conversation that only you and the person receiving the message can see, why can't the rules not apply?

I respect that it is a private board and it's the owners rules, but for discussion purposes I have raised these points...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
I'm okay with the harder words being [censored], like the words beginning with "S" & "F" but the words like "C-R-A-P" why can't that be used when talking about the quality of something. Is it really politically incorrect to use such a word?

Do you really find it difficult to communicate without using foul language? I've never had a problem avoiding such language and always manage to clearly express my views.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: StevieC

Do you really find it difficult to communicate without using foul language? I've never had a problem avoiding such language and always manage to clearly express my views.

Well aren't you special.
smirk2.gif

the forum is for an educated discourse. for instance, in no scientific papers would you ever find [sincored] or any other such [sensword]. also, this type of expression is an interpersonal boundary violation. because we respect each other here, there are no [sensword] expressions to be used. this forces the poster to express themselves with precise English.
also, the owner owns this place, and she makes the rules. just like for instance if u went into a restaurant, you can hold a discussion, but if you start using potty language, you will get thrown out. basically you are a guest, on private property.
you have the priviledge of speaking here. if u don't abuse ur priviledge, then u get to keep it. if u are not grateful for it, then u get thrown out, very simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back