What's this SUV?

Vanity badges have been a thing on H/K vehicles for some reason, I've seen a ton of them.
JDM boys have been doing it forever:
- Toyota Altezza badges on Lexus IS300
- Toyota Aristo badges on GS300/GS400
- Mazda Atenza badging on Mazda6
And a bunch more that I don't care to list...
Seems like KDM boys are swapping badges too. I've seen it the most on Genesis Coupe and Kia Optima, out of all Hyundia products. Seems like other models are trying to catch on.

Seems like KDM boys are swapping badges too. I've seen it the most on Genesis Coupe and Kia Optima, out of all Hyundia products. Seems like other models are trying to catch on.
I've seen it extensively on the Veloster

I see this K rebadge a lot on Kias, I guess this logo has some history with Kia.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 105801.jpg

I think it has to do with having what you don't have. I remember an article in Sport Compact Car when Scion first came out. A guy in Japan wanted one but they weren't sold in Japan. He had to call a USA dealership purchase it then have it shipped back to Japan. A couple of years ago another guy was moving to Japan as he married a local girl. He wrote an article about having his Dodge Grand Caravan shipped over. Apparently alot of locals took pictures and kept wanting to know what it was.

I think it has to do with having what you don't have. I remember an article in Sport Compact Car when Scion first came out. A guy in Japan wanted one but they weren't sold in Japan. He had to call a USA dealership purchase it then have it shipped back to Japan. A couple of years ago another guy was moving to Japan as he married a local girl. He wrote an article about having his Dodge Grand Caravan shipped over. Apparently alot of locals took pictures and kept wanting to know what it was.
It's the forbidden fruit syndrome. Grass always looks greener on the other side.

Back