Need Feedback - 2023 2.4 Highlander or the Honda CRV

Well, it is SUV time it has been 12 years. Looking at the 2.4 Highlander and the Honda CRV. Drive 75% of the time in the city. Good highway vehicle when needed. Upkeep which of these two requires the most service or which can you do the basics on the fluids and have a great vehicle. I like to do my individual minor maintenance. Which one will give me the least hassle under the hood?

2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid here, multiple family members driving gas only 2020s. No issues whatsoever other than some minor recalls.

These don’t exactly compare? Highlander is larger with the 3 row seating. RAV4 is more comparable to a CRV. Having recently ridden in a 2021 RAV4, I really appreciated its nimbleness in traffic while having a good ride. The Highlander close to minivan territory in ride and handling. You can feel the big V6 shifting around on its soft mounts if you are having to work it in tight stop and go traffic, which always feels weird to me. My wife is interested in a highlander for her next car - she is in a ‘15 CRV now. Highlander is an excellent vehicle if you see yourself carting extended family around. The 2nd row seats adults very well.

The Rav is more comparable to the CRV.
Between the two , the Rav has a rough ride and a rude tranny, very harsh shifts.
The CRV is the better driver on any road, especially cornering.
The Rav would probably deliver better fuel economy, though and is quicker.
The Highlander is almost a Pilot so in is a different class entirely.

The Rav is more comparable to the CRV.
Between the two , the Rav has a rough ride and a rude tranny, very harsh shifts.
The CRV is the better driver on any road, especially cornering.
The Rav would probably deliver better fuel economy, though and is quicker.
The Highlander is almost a Pilot so in is a different class entirely.
RAV4 Hybrid is the one to go with. I drive both and there is no comparison between gas and hybrid. Hybrid is quiet, good power, great fuel economy. The RAV4 CVT is geared, not a belt, just works well.

RAV4 Hybrid is the one to go with. I drive both and there is no comparison between gas and hybrid. Hybrid is quiet, good power, great fuel economy. The RAV4 CVT is geared, not a belt, just works well.
Well, there is the CRV hybrid as well.
More dollars for either the Rav or the CRV in hybrid form.
Maybe worth it, maybe not and I write this as someone who paid a very small premium for my hybrid Accord.

My daughter just purchased a Honda Sport Touring and loves it. She drives mostly in town and getting 35-36 MPG. It compares very well interior wise with our Audi Q5 so much so I think I would purchase one myself if needed.

Reactions: hrv
Back