What's the worst oil to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4302921/Re:_Using_Coca-Cola_as_motor_o#Post4302921

snake oil
eek.gif

I had a Gremlin back in the day. It leaked so much oil buying it from a salvage yard would have been the ticket. Really if you think about it, all the money and care you worry about in a vehicle goes to some putz you don't know that buys it.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Originally Posted By: gilbertsta
Not sure if it's the worst, but I heard of guys using recycled oil? I just don't know about that.

At the local pick-and-pull here, they sell used oil in gallon containers. None of it's labeled and could have come from any car, might be any grade, have who knows how much life left.. What a gamble. Yet I can't get through the checkout without seeing at least a couple people in front of me purchase a gallon or two. IMO, that would be the worst oil to use, though I have no experience trying it. Maybe they know something I don't!

Used oil makes great chain saw bar oil. I would never actually pay for the stuff though.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Originally Posted By: gilbertsta
Not sure if it's the worst, but I heard of guys using recycled oil? I just don't know about that.

At the local pick-and-pull here, they sell used oil in gallon containers. None of it's labeled and could have come from any car, might be any grade, have who knows how much life left.. What a gamble. Yet I can't get through the checkout without seeing at least a couple people in front of me purchase a gallon or two. IMO, that would be the worst oil to use, though I have no experience trying it. Maybe they know something I don't!
Perhaps they have a dirt road in front of their house.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Define worst?
11.gif

Didn't we have a thread a few weeks ago from a troll wanting to know "what's the BEST oil 'in the world'"?

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

There is a guy on here who drain Mobil 1 out of a newer car and then re-uses it in a beater..."Mobil 2". I love his name for it!!!

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8
Define worst?
11.gif

Really I suppose I was asking if anyone had legitimate oil issues and if so, what oil were they using and could they attribute the problems to the oil
10.gif

I use "Mobil 2" at work in a truck thats on its last legs. It gets burned up so quick that in a couple of weeks all the oil has been replaced.

I thought this was in the motorcycle section ?

I've also used 2 stroke oil in a BSA single...tough engines.

Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
No oil....

That must've sucked. I would assume you just forgot to add the new oil after a drain? How long did it take for you to realize your mistake?

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
Originally Posted By: bmwpowere36m3
No oil....

That must've sucked. I would assume you just forgot to add the new oil after a drain? How long did it take for you to realize your mistake?

Its a joke... to the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back