What's the best syn blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
other than seat of the pants results? I will take the manufacturer's testing over any home based concoction, but that is just me.
2015_PSD, when I added that front license plate to my truck, it not only gained 3-7/8 HP, it could pull a Geo Metro down a driveway!
grin.gif

ROFL @ Blue

It seems as of lately lots of people here have a love crush on Castrol Magnatec. And most of the comments in the Magnatec UOA's it seems many people have concluded they are going to ask Magnatec out on a date, if she passes their standards they are convinced that one day they will pop the question and live happily ever after. That is until Magnatec 2.0 comes out, a much younger and vibrant offering. Then the whole chase again.

To be for reals though, magnatec does seem pretty stout in blend formula.

intelligent molecules hahaha oh the marketing of castrol products is comical.

If 10w-30 SM rated oil is ok for your engine Delo XLE 10w-30 is a very good synthetic blend hdeo dual rated for diesel and gas engines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jmaster

If 10w-30 SM rated oil is ok for your engine Delo XLE 10w-30 is a very good hdeo dual rated for diesel and gas engines.

This could be top 5 prospect(assuming I don't have to "manifest destiny: expansion to the west" just to find it) I "get" 9 out of 12 months of HEAT (TM) down hure in the desert of SE Texas!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stower17
It seems as of lately lots of people here have a love crush on Castrol Magnatec. And most of the comments in the Magnatec UOA's it seems many people have concluded they are going to ask Magnatec out on a date, if she passes their standards they are convinced that one day they will pop the question and live happily ever after. That is until Magnatec 2.0 comes out, a much younger and vibrant offering. Then the whole chase again.

I think Castrol Magnatec 0W20 is full synthetic, same price as other Magnatec grades at Walmart for $17.xx 5-qt jug. This is the best everyday value.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

I think Castrol Magnatec 0W20 is full synthetic, same price as other Magnatec grades at Walmart for $17.xx 5-qt jug. This is the best everyday value.

And in Australia, the Magnatec 5W-30 is now full synthetic too, and probably the best value full synthetic 5W-30 in the market place right now. If you do want it as a semi-syn, you could always mix it 50:50 with some GTX.

GTX SynBlend since I got it for $1 a qt last year. On a serious note, it reduced consumption on my sister's RSX-S, using 5w-30.

Originally Posted By: jmaster

If 10w-30 SM rated oil is ok for your engine Delo XLE 10w-30 is a very good synthetic blend hdeo dual rated for diesel and gas engines.

The Magnatec commercial with the engine cranking makes me laugh. It sounds like a high end food processor than an engine to me. Maybe my engines can sound like that too!

That is until Magnatec 2.0 comes out, a much younger and vibrant offering. Then the whole chase again.

No, that's just you and where you and I differ. It's called vows and they are enshrouded in virtues. It is also where I draw the line or something called a boundary!!

Last edited:
If not already mentioned, Magnatec comes in both semi-syn, 5w30/10w30 and syn, 5w20/0w20 here.

I use Trop Artic blend in all of my vehicles except for the 2014 Mustang GT in which I use Motorcraft blend and the 98 K3500 truck which I use Pennzoil HM because it had some oil leaks which the Pennzoil has slowed down and my 1970 Monte Carlo which I use a conventional in it.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: A1O
Decided to use the pup5w20 on the girlfriends new to here 2012 ford fusion and the crown Vic has had syn blend all its life with no leakage or problems. So I am shopping for opinions on the syn blends out there. Pennzoil gold,Motorcraft,Kendall, or any others u know of. Thanks oh think it's going to be 5w30 too

No one knows. The major manufacturers refuse to tell us what they are actually selling us.

Pick one. Any one. Pick the one with a pretty bottle, or the zippy "Vroom-vroom!" TeeVee Ad, or the one that's on sale at the corner store. So long as it's SAE approved, you've done all you can do; go ahead and pour it in and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back