What’s on your 4th of July menu

Good morning, my fellow Americans!

What’s on your menu for today? Anything exciting? I have the smoker rolling right now. Already have a pork butt on, with plans for some mexican pulled pork for street tacos. I’ll be throwing on a couple racks of salt and pepper spare ribs as we get closer to meal time, as well as throwing some brats on the grill. Been up since 0230, but I’m enjoying it.
IMG_2568.jpeg

Ribeyes, jalapeno sausage, whole roasted onions, some jalapeno poppers, and grill roasted salsa. Making less variety and quantity this year, not so much because of prices, i just don't wanna over cook like i usually do. I'm already playing Tetris with both fridges.

Last edited:

What’s on your menu for today? Anything exciting? I have the smoker rolling right now. Already have a pork butt on, with plans for some mexican pulled pork for street tacos. I’ll be throwing on a couple racks of salt and pepper spare ribs as we get closer to meal time, as well as throwing some brats on the grill. Been up since 0230, but I’m enjoying it.
View attachment 164832
I did that kind of cooking for mine and wife's families for the holidays for many years. We would have 20-30 people every holiday. Everyone got old and the kids + cousins all grew up an moved so none of us do it much at all these days. I used to get up and start early just like you mentioned and agree.... it is fun to do. The smoker is very impressive! I am thinking home made?

View attachment 164832
Just got home from working the night shift.. Will be throwing on a couple of Filet mignons coated with a kona chimayo chile rub. Finished with a port wine reduction sauce. Bowl of salad with all the fixings and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Grilled zucchini, and butter dill carrots.

I did that kind of cooking for mine and wife's families for the holidays for many years. We would have 20-30 people every holiday. Everyone got old and the kids + cousins all grew up a moved so none of us do it much at all these days. I used to get up and start early just like you mentioned and agree.... it is fun to do. The smoker is very impressive! I am thinking home made?
I wish it was homemade! It’s an Old Country BBQ Pits insulated gravity smoker. It’s a great smoker, for sure!

We did brats, hot dogs and jalapeños poppers on the Weber kettle. Wife made pasta salad and deviled eggs earlier today.

Yesterday I smoked a poor man’s brisket with a chuck roast. Green beans, coleslaw and baked potatoes for sides.

Just my $0.02

Back