What's in your grease gun???

I would without a doubt use it in bearings if it was available in a tub.

I think you missed my point. What bearing calls for an ISO 1000 oil in it? My discussion with Valvoline said to not use it in bearings.

66DACCCD-6B74-4087-AD67-936CAF3BBDB3.jpeg

Im curious why so many people continue to use a grease that leaks out of the gun? Since switching to texas refinery 880 crown and chassis, and 1 grease gun with paragon 3000, I have not had a drop leak out of the grease gun. Even have a tube of 880 sitting upside down on the shelf for a couple years now... no leakage no drippage no sliding no cracking no pulling away from the tube. Why bother with a grease that saves a couple bucks a year... and loses its oil in storage?
I have the same results with the Tractor Supply marine grease I'm using. My last tube sat on a shelf in the garage on its end-cap for at least six months before the old tube ran out. The grease inside hadn't budged when I finally popped the top off, and no oil separation either. And yeah, my profile says I live on "Hoth" but I need to update it; I live on Vulcan now. Still no separation.

My grease gun finally ran out. When I pulled the tube, I discovered that (for the last few years) I've been using Slick 50 "1" Grease. Supposed to be the "1" grease for everything. It's sorta a green color.

So, in goes a tube of red Mystic JT-6 high-temp.
My "go to" for all my applications is Chevron Delo EP #2. Mystic JT-6 Hi-Temp is a very close second. Can't go wrong with either.

I think you missed my point. What bearing calls for an ISO 1000 oil in it? My discussion with Valvoline said to not use it in bearings.

View attachment 48838

That's wierd. Valvoline's info sheet says it passes the wheel bearing life test and exceeds GC requirements.

Though maybe they only mean it for slow speed bearing use due to the thick base oil. Why call out GC though?

Attachments

• US_Val_Cobalt_GRS_HD_EN (1).pdf
    419.5 KB · Views: 9
Just picked up a few tubes of Schaeffers 219. Going to use it on the tractor and mower. Also going to use it on the trailer bearings, hope that it's not a mistake I have seen conflicting opinions on it.

I've got quite a few since I have some for work too.

Work
Tunap Tungrease BS
Kluber isoflex nca 52
Mobil polyrex em
Shell gadus s220

Personal
Valvoline palladium 3% moly
Valvoline cerulean
Travellers marine in mini size

Just picked up a few tubes of Schaeffers 219. Going to use it on the tractor and mower. Also going to use it on the trailer bearings, hope that it's not a mistake I have seen conflicting opinions on it.
You won’t regret it. I have multiple trailers using it without issue. It is my go to grease for everything but the track loader. I got a buy on the Rotella moly grease when the local farm store chain closed it out and so I have a couple hundred tubes. The cat takes a tube or more every time and I like a couple shots every time I fuel. The bucket pins get grease in the morning and at lunch as they’re in dirt all the time. When the Rotella runs out the Cat will get 219 too.

Never needed a grease gun until recently when I replaced the non-greasable u-joints on my Tacoma with Spicer units with zerk fittings. Then we got the 4runner this year, which, despite being 2WD, actually does have greasable u-joints.

Bought this and a grease gun from Harbor Freight, and I’ve been using this on the u-joints of the Taco & 4Runner, but the oil has been separating and leaking out of the grease gun, making a real mess.

Not to mention, the fact that the oil is separating and leaking out of the grease gun makes me conclude that it’s highly likely that the same thing is probably happening at the u-joints as well, probably reducing its effectiveness quite a bit.

Suggestions for an NLGI #2 moly-fortified lithium-base grease that the oil won’t separate from and leak everywhere?

2480FFC1-2ACE-4A76-8602-0C02FE7A289E.jpeg

Back