What's everyone's favorite wax while you dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SirTanon
Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by PimTac
It's not a replacement for a good wax or sealant job. What it does is add some longevity to the current finish.

Which is basically what quick detailers do as well. I'm just trying to get the purpose of the wax while you dry products...

I must disagree. The purpose of a Quick Detailer is to provide some lubrication during a quick wipe-down.. such as what one would do to get a light coat of dust off the car. As a rule, they RARELY have wax or other protectants in them. They frequently have shine enhancers, but those are an entirely different thing.

A wax-as-you-dry product, on the other hand, DOES provide a very little bit of wax/protection during its application.

That's not what I've learned about quick detailers. From everything I've read about them, quick detailers are meant to prolong the existing wax or sealant, as well as cleaning off dust and other contaminants...

That's not what I've learned about quick detailers. From everything I've read about them, quick detailers are meant to prolong the existing wax or sealant, as well as cleaning off dust and other contaminants...

I second the motion...

It's not a replacement for a good wax or sealant job. What it does is add some longevity to the current finish.

Which is basically what quick detailers do as well. I'm just trying to get the purpose of the wax while you dry products...

I must disagree. The purpose of a Quick Detailer is to provide some lubrication during a quick wipe-down.. such as what one would do to get a light coat of dust off the car. As a rule, they RARELY have wax or other protectants in them. They frequently have shine enhancers, but those are an entirely different thing.

A wax-as-you-dry product, on the other hand, DOES provide a very little bit of wax/protection during its application.

+1 to this...I don't think there is any quick detailer that provides any protection. It is just a mechanism to lift off dust without scratching the car. There are some quick detailer products that are hybrid quick waxes and quick detailers, but the regular quick detailers leave no protection on the finish.

For a quick wax, I've been impressed with Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax but honestly, I've gotten so quick and efficient with thin coats of their Gold Class Carnauba plus (and that's by hand), I can almost do the car with that wax in the time it takes for the quick wax.

Originally Posted by NissanMaxima

+1 to this...I don't think there is any quick detailer that provides any protection. It is just a mechanism to lift off dust without scratching the car. There are some quick detailer products that are hybrid quick waxes and quick detailers, but the regular quick detailers leave no protection on the finish.

For a quick wax, I've been impressed with Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax but honestly, I've gotten so quick and efficient with thin coats of their Gold Class Carnauba plus (and that's by hand), I can almost do the car with that wax in the time it takes for the quick wax.

Thus the confusion on this subject that has been talked about for some time now. Sonax uses the term Detailer on their BSD yet many people including myself have or are using it as a LSP. I can get two months protection easy with each application.

It all depends on what the meaning of ________ is.

That's too complicated, I just let the rain wash my cars.

I did actually put some wax on my trashed truck hood to compare Nufinish, TW Ice Paste and some Mcquiers spray and way (forget the exact one).
The Turtle Wax paste won hands down. The Mcquires did OK, it is what I use on my bike to keep it looking good.

I really need to do better on the wife's new car. The Chem guys banana stuff looks interesting. May try that.

My '13 Honda has mostly had Turtle ICE spray on it, several times a year, and it shines, water beads up. Once or twice I've used Eagle One Wash as u Dry which I like also and use a lot on the Slingshot..

Lucas

Screenshot_20181223-081730_Google.jpg

Griot's Spray Wax works great. I like Meguiar's Ultimate as well but it streaks for me if I use it on a wet car.

Lucas SlickMist is awesome.

I have not seen a lot of difference in the products I've tried.

From a value standpoint, Meguiar's Quik Wax A1624 seems like a good deal. $5.77 for a 24oz spray bottle at Menards.

Meguiar's has a new product for 2019 that is called Hybrid Ceramic Wax that is basically a wax while you dry type of a product. It is supposed to be pretty durable, so I'm interested in trying it out to see if it compares to their Ultimate Fast Finish (which I've been using for a little over a year now and I've been very happy with it but I always like to try new stuff, especially from Meguiar's)

Originally Posted by Patman
Meguiar's has a new product for 2019 that is called Hybrid Ceramic Wax that is basically a wax while you dry type of a product. It is supposed to be pretty durable, so I'm interested in trying it out to see if it compares to their Ultimate Fast Finish (which I've been using for a little over a year now and I've been very happy with it but I always like to try new stuff, especially from Meguiar's)

It's SIO2 based so them calling it a wax is a bit confusing. Either way, it should be a decent product for a quick shine with sealant protection similar to Sonax Soray and Seal and a list of products. It's very easy and quick to use.

I'm excited to try it too!

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

I'm excited to try it too!

Gonna look for this soon. Thanks for the info.

20181229_064534.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
This is the absolutely the best stuff I've used over the past 5-6 years - Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana Carnauba Spray Wax.

Not only does it provide very smooth surface protection, UV protection, and applies as easy as any product ever used...the best value is to get a 1/2 gallon and fill multiple spray bottles for handy use.

Bought a 1/2 gallon @29.99 - it filled (4) 16 oz spray bottles @ $7.50 each.

OH YEAH - and you can use it on painted surfaces, trim, glass, virtually any exterior surface.

[Linked Image]

I am confused about Blazin' Banana wax.

I've seen several postings about using it as a "wax while drying" application.

However, there is no reference to this on the bottle's directions. In fact, it states to apply to a clean surface and let dry to a haze.

Originally Posted by knerml
I am confused about Blazin' Banana wax.

I've seen several postings about using it as a "wax while drying" application.

However, there is no reference to this on the bottle's directions. In fact, it states to apply to a clean surface and let dry to a haze.

It's a post-carwash UV protectant quick wipe wax. It can be applied without the car being completely dry.

It absolutely does NOT require drying to a haze. It doesn't really leave much of any haze.

In fact, it literally it's a wipe on and immediately wipe off application. It can be used on glass, chrome, and the vehicle exterior. Easy Peasy with terrific results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back