What's an appropriate price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbie,

I've been using Chevron, Citgo, Havoline and I'm not a site supporter. pscholte has created a buzz about GC without a problem

If you're selling the oil and mention that you use it there is no problem. Widman sells Chevron products in Bolivia and does not hesitate to extoll their virtues.

You won't get flamed for mentioning the oil.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Robbie,

I've been using Chevron, Citgo, Havoline and I'm not a site supporter. pscholte has created a buzz about GC without a problem

If you're selling the oil and mention that you use it there is no problem. Widman sells Chevron products in Bolivia and does not hesitate to extoll their virtues.

You won't get flamed for mentioning the oil.

Exactly! As long as you don't try to post a link to try and sell the stuff, there is no harm in mentioning what brand it is, or giving us a link to it's technical specs.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
[qb] *-*-*-*-*-]Exactly! As long as you don't try to post a link to try and sell the stuff, there is no harm in mentioning what brand it is, or giving us a link to it's technical specs.
I'm not hooked up on the web to sell it, a few of the salesmen are however. We do sell in BULK, and are not geared to sell to individuals, although that is up to the salesman, and can be done. I just mainly started giveing the information because I am and the guys here are Gung-ho on this kinda thing, besides it's a Group II oil.
I could scan some tech stuff, without the name to someone, or post by hand it in a post.

I also would be willing to give a gallon here or there to someone in the Houston Area. They would need to have a car with low milage say in the 60K or less (maybe a little more) because of oil burning due to cleaning...
My choice would be limited to a Widow or such needy individual, and if anyone here would change her oil and replace it with mine, I'll deliver it to Her/them and watch while the oil is changed.
I'd like also to be there when the following oil is drained or filter replaced so a sample can be taken and I'll send that into the lab myself.

Robbie, with all respect you should either make the name of the oil known or cease making references to it. It is beginning to damage your credibility.

[ October 08, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: doyall ]

quote:

Originally posted by doyall:
Robbie, with all respect you should either make the name of the oil known or cease making references to it. It is beginning to damage your credibility.

1. How, Why, I don't understand this logic.

2. I don't care what others think of me. I don't care. It has no value to me to disclose the name, and actually there is a legal reason why I refrain
from telling the name. Like I said there are many reasons why I don't want to disclose it to you. Actually there is only one individual here that I know about that knows the brand of oil I am selling and using. It's not a made up oil. If you or anyone can't deal with it, JUST place me on your IGNORE list because I don't care what ANYONE thinks, I believe it does have value and if anyone can't see that, I don't need to explain it to them. Get Bob from this Cite to send me a email to CEASE, and I will. Otherwise just ignore me. I have done nothing but tried my best to be honest, and give good true information, If I am wrong about any information it is an honest mistake, not because I have slipped something past anyone here. I Tend to Always tell the truth IMHO and that is one of my downfalls, and again if anyone does not care for me either put me on your ignore list please, or gather each one and submit to Bob (He feeling what is best) and I feel no hardships to him if he decides to ban me from the board, but if I'm required to post a name Then I decline to be a part of this board->!

Robbie, calm down. I think it boils down to if you think you have a good oil why not share the info?

If you have legal reasons, ok. There's no reason to get so excited. No one, not me anyway, is looking to flame you.

Back on topic, does anyone think that Group IIIs will eventually come down significantly in price?

fruit.gif

quote:

*-*-*-*-
Back on topic, does anyone think that Group IIIs will eventually come down significantly in price?

fruit.gif

I think they have to just because of demand / volume. When the Group I is phazed out then I'm sure the III's will pick up extra slack.

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:
If you use Amsoils XL-7500 oil as a guide to cost difference between group III and group IV then the cost is about 35 cents per quart at retail. This is about what Amsoil lowered its price by when it switched from PAO to group III a year ago July on its XL line of oils.

Someone correct me if I am wrong as I am going by memory.

I would say that the before and after change produced comparable oils for the 7500 to 10000 mile oil change interval.

Current price difference is about 65 cents retails between 5w30 xl7500 and 5w30 PAO. the XL is probably formulated to go 12,500 miles and the PAO is formulated for twice the distance.

I would say my original guess was the closest to being comparing apples to apples. ie: oils formulated for the same lifespan and protection.

What about the cost of building the lube plants that produce group IIIs?
Once world production of group IIIs outpace demand, and the oil companies' investments are recovered, the price will go down if it has not already.
I believe that most of the price gouging is at the retail level, and not the fault of the oil companies that produce the base oils.
Someone posted the price of the various groups of base oils and it showed the group IIIs far cheaper than the 4s, but not much more than the money than the G2s.
I keep throwing back the arguement that the consumer pays for a performance level and warranty certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back