What're your home thermostat settings?

I’ve got the system switched back to heat. A cold front with rain rolled in. Good bye summer. :confused:

I’ll be heating with the heat pump until some time in November when it will automatically switch to propane when nearing freezing temps. Come December I’ll supplement the heat with my airtight wood stove whenever I’m home. I usually set the thermostat to 70 F during the day and 65 F at night. :)

Last edited:

gathermewool

Site Donor 2022
It’s 80.7F, 47% humidity in the living room right now. With the ceiling fan on directly above me I feel like it’s almost too cool. I might turn the single 10k window off or down.

I don’t like running the window units at lower fan speeds; I FEEL as if they don’t run as efficiently that way. The Energy Saver modes on every single one of my four window units (two different models) is garbage. It doesn’t ever seem to run long enough to get an accurate read of room temperature. At night I leave them always-on with the temp I want (we like the white noise anyway). During the day, while home, I just turn one or both window units off when it gets too cool (<80F) and back on when it gets to warm or, a more likely scenario, too humid. I don’t mind 80-85F or higher, so long as the humidity stays <50% or so. 85F and > 55% is just too much for me.

Winter 70F and I usually wear a sweater around the house.
Summer 75F and I usually wear a sweater around the house.
I'm not allowed to adjust the HVAC.
It goes back to the post about getting used to the heat.