What will this site be called

Nice chart!

But as supton has said, it’s quite tough to really gage sales without knowing more data overall. The only thing that I do know for sure is that EV sales will grow. Just how much is kinda up in the air. One factor is if it is more forced than organic. There are already countries on their way to banning ICE vehicles in the near future. That kinda does not give the consumer a choice. I think here in the US we will still get that choice.

So many factors, it can make a person’s head spin......

EVs still use hydraulic brake systems and washer fluid reservoirs, so there will still be fluids to discuss.
Bob is the tire guy

EV and self driving cars are 2 different things, and should not be mixed together in one subject.

EV will grow wherever gas is expensive, driving distance is short, and pollution is heavy, like in China, Europe, South East Asia, but not US Canada rural area. It will coexist with gasoline cars and trucks within the same family in the US for a long time to come, and does a lot of the day to day commute duty when price is right and charges during non peak hour (office morning charging, mid night home charging).

Self driving, will not level 5 until something better shows up on the AI front and road improved (new regulation on how markers are placed on the road and how road construction will adjust for self driving cars to recognize, and starts on selected roads like highway first. It won't go on dirt road for a VERY VERY LONG time, like how our roads changed from horse drawn carriage to passenger cars friendly. I think we will start seeing them in Asia and Europe first and US will be the last in developed world to put that in place, and every state will get it at different time instead of a whole nation roll out.

Last edited:
We will all be dead in 300 years, so why worry about it. I am 18, and will die of old age before the need for fossil fuels is done.
Besides even electric vehicles require Lubrication at multiple points.
Half of the people who are 20 years old today will live to be at least 90 years old. One in ten will make it to 100. :)

Just to throw this in ... most people think that EVs are simple and don't require much maintenance. Not true ... just watch this video dissecting a simple GM Bolt. The video is kind of long, but pretty detailed and interesting to see the inner workings. The only simple part of the EV is the electric motor and mechanical drive system ... all the electronics makes an EV pretty complicated IMO. Guy mentions at time 32 min that there's a lot of maintenance items called out in the OM. IMO, many people who might have worked on their ICE vehicles may not be the same DIYer when it comes to EVs.

Back