What the heck are Radar tires?

Made in the USA is meaningless. My last tires called Kelly Edge were hot garbage at least on their application on a 2015 Honda Pilot. They lasted 20k miles….
Yep-there have been numerous recalls on so-called "American Tires" . The Chinese are not the only ones who might make some tires that blow up every so often.

Had them when I crush the car, they are so bad I'd rather buy used tires instead.

I remember it was even worse than the Wynstar Phaser R23 (Chinese, ended up brought by Michelin as they know what they are doing and they make decent tires despite being a Chinese company) I used to have on the same car.

Stay away from Douglas.
Aside from short tread life, the Douglas tires on my mother's car were fine.

Yep-there have been numerous recalls on so-called "American Tires" . The Chinese are not the only ones who might make some tires that blow up every so often.
You must really love your wife. :O
I would say if Sears sell them, they can't be worse than Walmart selling those Douglas S rated B temperature and traction dumpster fire.

Which one would you choose for your wife? S rated USA made A traction Douglas? or H rated Chinese made AA traction Radar?

This was 2021, we were still selling them because?

I would say if Sears sell them, they can't be worse than Walmart selling those Douglas S rated B temperature and traction dumpster fire.

Which one would you choose for your wife? S rated USA made A traction Douglas? or H rated Chinese made AA traction Radar?

This was 2021, we were still selling them because?
The Radar tires are a better tire with the specs that you quoted. That's what I would choose. I would not have any issues whatsoever putting them on my wife's CUV. JMHO.

But then, I don't drink the Kool-aid on here.

Kumho lx platinum at Walmart online best deal out there cheaper and better than a no name Chinese tire. Check out the review on tire rack
I have a set on my Sentra right now. Fine for the price, but nothing special. Balances alright, and absorbs bumps not too badly but the NVH from hitting those bumps or any bad road is annoying. Traction is pretty decent in dry and wet.

6.5/10 would recommend to anyone in need of a tire that has good value, but I'll be spending more money on Generals next time.

A summer tire with a 45,000 mile warranty for use in Cali? $450 all in? Will most likely get the job done.

1645728273205.jpg

Drove the 98 Accord LX today to check out the new Radar rubber. Aired 'em all up to 34 PSI as they ranged from 31 to 37 PSI...
Let's just say I am used to the GS350 F Sport with the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S...

I would by the entry level StoneFires next time. But all good for now.

Drove the 98 Accord LX today to check out the new Radar rubber. Aired 'em all up to 34 PSI as they ranged from 31 to 37 PSI...
Let's just say I am used to the GS350 F Sport with the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S...

I would by the entry level StoneFires next time. But all good for now.

Maybe that's what you would buy but she didn't buy a "bad-tire". OR-I GUESS WAS SOLD A BAD TIRE. So basically you couldn't find them bad enough to complain about. But yea-they are not Michelins.....

Last edited:
If those are Falken Ziex 912s, they have been the fastest wearing tires I’ve ever seen. I can’t imagine the Chineseum Radars could be worse, but she better keep them inflated in summer, I’ve seen a few Chinese tires lose their tread when overheated (due to underinflation).
They are not. Probably a Falken ZE950 tire.

Maybe that's what you would buy but she didn't buy a "bad-tire". OR-I GUESS WAS SOLD A BAD TIRE. So basically you couldn't find them bad enough to complain about. But yea-they are not Michelins.....
I put a set of whatever Firestones on a friends '15 Altima; they feel pretty good. The Radars feel like they have 90 PSI. But the price was right and she is fine with them. All good.

When the wifes car needs tires I will buy the best I can afford.
Then when she's driving 75 MPH on the highway with grand and great grand kids in the car I wont have to worry about tire failure.
You get what you pay for.

That price is crazy. Sixty-five dollars per tire x 4 = $260. Her total prices was $450 so that means that tax, mounting, balancing, and disposal cost her $190. Something seems wrong with that picture.
And alignment, the car got an alignment as well.

Back