What the heck are Radar tires?

That price is crazy. Sixty-five dollars per tire x 4 = $260. Her total prices was $450 so that means that tax, mounting, balancing, and disposal cost her $190. Something seems wrong with that picture.

I would have tried to get a deal on the General Altimax RT43s, DTD has had the triple threat rebate on them in the past-CC rebate, General rebate, DTD rebate-but if you’re going to do treadwear warranty, you’ll have a lot more luck buying them locally. There’s an extra set of RT43s in the basement already!

That price is crazy. Sixty-five dollars per tire x 4 = $260. Her total prices was $450 so that means that tax, mounting, balancing, and disposal cost her $190. Something seems wrong with that picture.
OP is in Cail, things are 40-50% higher there than they are for we schmucks in “flyover country”! ;)

Yeah, could be. The tires were not regularly rotated, I last did it maybe 6 months ago.
I don't remember an issue... But who the heck knows?

Will both edges feather? Here a (lousy) pic....
View attachment 89444
If those are Falken Ziex 912s, they have been the fastest wearing tires I’ve ever seen. I can’t imagine the Chineseum Radars could be worse, but she better keep them inflated in summer, I’ve seen a few Chinese tires lose their tread when overheated (due to underinflation).

There are far worse tires out there. 60,000 mile warranty-what's wrong with that???
Tire warranties are only as good as the shops the sell the tires. I can imagine they will deny the warranty if one side of the tread is worn more, there is any sign of pothole or curb damage, if it has any patches, if you never got an alignment, etc. They will make up all kinds of excuses such that a mileage warranty is basically useless.

Last edited:
Had them when I crush the car, they are so bad I'd rather buy used tires instead.

I remember it was even worse than the Wynstar Phaser R23 (Chinese, ended up brought by Michelin as they know what they are doing and they make decent tires despite being a Chinese company) I used to have on the same car.

Stay away from Douglas.
I put a set on a Versa when they were on sale for $35. Basically cheaper than used tires. They drove just fine to me.

A single Mom friend needed new rubber on her '98 Accord LX 4 banger; she's in Woodland, by Sac.
A shop near her place had Radar Dimax e-Touring. 60K warranty...
$65 a pop, $450 all in including alignment. The alignment turned out to be spot on...
Does anyone have experience with these?

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 89426
Kumho lx platinum at Walmart online best deal out there cheaper and better than a no name Chinese tire. Check out the review on tire rack

" I doubt if she going to push the outer limits on these." Yeah, but you never know.
We all say we'll slow down in the rain but sometimes traffic won't allow you to.
Better tires = smarter.

SIMILAR DIRE STUFF: My car came with 4 new Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires (anything to put the name "Eagle" on a tire). A car friend SWORE those tires would kill me. They lasted 50K because I drive easily and I'm still here.

NOTE: I replaced the RS-A with Cooper CS-5 as I had success with Cooper CS-4 tires. The RT-43 was my next choice.

Thanks for pointing out that this included the alignment. That makes it more digestible. Now the total doesn't seem so awful.

Tire warranties are only as good as the shops the sell the tires. I can imagine they will deny the warranty if one side of the tread is worn more, there is any sign of pothole or curb damage, if it has any patches, if you never got an alignment, etc. They will make up all kinds of excuses such that a mileage warranty is basically useless.
Love the optimism on BITOG. However-it's all YOUR speculation- as to anything you mentioned will happen.

If those are Falken Ziex 912s, they have been the fastest wearing tires I’ve ever seen. I can’t imagine the Chineseum Radars could be worse, but she better keep them inflated in summer, I’ve seen a few Chinese tires lose their tread when overheated (due to underinflation).
Bridgestone tires on our 2021 Lexus IS300 - gone in 20k …
They love to talk soft rubber and performance tires - yeah, like that thing is a 911 or something …

The previous positive toe on that front right tire probably didn't help that outside edge but both rear toes have a lot of angle now - moreso that driver rear tire. An entire degree is a lot for toe and I bet the steering wheel has to be pointed to the right to go straight.

Hopefully the new rubber and alignment will keep it safe for a couple of years.
I need to bang in axles and front brakes; there is a little pulsation starting. I have Centric rotors and pads ready to install.
It would be easier if she were closer... She is about 130 miles east of our home.

I just installed 2 Definity 800 on my car from Pepboys last weekend, $45 each, $151 total out the door after tax fee mount balance, no alignment.

My guess is that $450 include some sort of road hazard warranty or alignment?

Before sears went under, I used a bunch of Myway Kmart/Sears points to get a set of Radar's put on my wifes Toyota Matrix for about $200.

This was probably 2015 or 2016..

Back