What Scratch Remover Actually Works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased some Mothers Scratch Remover and followed the directions to a T. Not even the slightest change. I was at WM and there were a lot to choose from does anyone have any favorites or ideas?

Black 09 Altima. A few scratches, nothing too deep but I can feel some with my fingernail (just barely).

Thanks in advance!

Matt

I use yellow bottle "Kit scratch out" on silver and black color cars with good result. It removes light scratches and also smooth out the surface like a wax. I used it on plastic headlight cover too. Cost is only $3-4 for a 7oz bottle.

Kit is the only one I've ever used and it worked awesome. I honestly could not believe how well and quickly it worked. This was for a black Mustang that got a few scratches that sound like what you have.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I purchased some Mothers Scratch Remover and followed the directions to a T. Not even the slightest change. I was at WM and there were a lot to choose from does anyone have any favorites or ideas?

Black 09 Altima. A few scratches, nothing too deep but I can feel some with my fingernail (just barely).

Thanks in advance!

Matt

If you can feel it with your nail, using a scratch remover by hand will probably not remove it.

If you can feel it with your nail, it is through the clear coat and a respray will be needed to fix .

Thank you all for your responses. I will try the "kit" since it is inexpensive. If I have no success I will get it checked out by someone at a shop or something.

As several have noted, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail it us going to be very difficult to remove. Even those forums where people use machines like the Griot's, the Porter Cable and Meguiars will tell you the same thing. Usually the best you can do is diminish it.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If you can feel it with your nail, it is through the clear coat and a respray will be needed to fix .

NO, not in my experience with Quixx.
Through the clear coat, scratches just disappeared after the two tube application. Where the paint was cut (under the clear coat) a touch in was required THEN the two part treatment.
I too was thinking 'respray' but the product worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back