What produces the ULTIMATE Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meguiars Ultimate Wax and Polish
thumbsup2.gif

Clay bar the surface after washing. Then use a surface prep product like klasse all-in-one/polish with a suitable buffer - get the paint completely prepped and absent swirls or contaminants.

Then buff 3-5 layers of 100% pure carnauba wax into it. Don't use a wax product, use pure wax. No fillers. Buff them one on top of the other, letting them dry in between. Then remove with a terrycloth towel.

Ta-da.

Originally Posted By: Colt
Zaino!
smile.gif

+1 for Zaino. Once you get a few layers of polish on, it will touch up brilliantly with the glaze for at least a year.

Originally Posted By: JoeFromPA
Clay bar the surface after washing. Then use a surface prep product like klasse all-in-one/polish with a suitable buffer - get the paint completely prepped and absent swirls or contaminants.

Then buff 3-5 layers of 100% pure carnauba wax into it. Don't use a wax product, use pure wax. No fillers. Buff them one on top of the other, letting them dry in between. Then remove with a terrycloth towel.

Ta-da.

Repeat if necessary. Whew...I'll stick with NuFinish.

I could hardly move my shoulders after hours of Zaino prep, waiting, buffing, layering, buffing. Great stuff but labor-intensive and just too rich for my budget these days.

Originally Posted By: JoeFromPA

Ta-da.

While labor intensive, this is the best method for dark colors.

KAIO gives extreme reflection/shine, while the CW gives depth. 3-5 layers of CW spaced about 8 hrs apart works well.

Zaino. ive tried a lot of them from a to z. and the the z one wins, hands down. it is labour intensive, but its how its got to be done. wax doesnt make a vehicle shine, it just puts a protective barier on the paint which makes it "look" shiny.

Originally Posted By: SplashnGo
In your overall opinion, durability aside, what wax/polish/sealant produces the very best shine?

This is like asking what is the best oil?......very subjective and there is realy no "best".

Meguires Gold Class with Carnuba . Tried it last weekend on a pearl white Explorer . If the wet look is described as the 'Jetting Factor' the Gold Class with Carnuba is Jet City .
Very easy to apply and remove . Topped it with Pinnacle Sig 2.
Looks very good.

I have used various products. I'm hooked on Adam's polishes. Did a full blown detail last year and finished it off with Machine Super Wax (2 coats) and a coat of Brilliant Glaze.

It lasted through the winter with some upkeep.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Zaino!

There is nothing else like it.

Agreed. Duragloss and Klasse make some products that look just as good, but they don't last quite as long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back