What OCI's are you guys running on the Land Rover 5.0 V8 Supercharged engine?

hey all curious to know what OCI's yall are running/recommend for the dealer Castrol Edge Professional EC 0W20?

I don't know exactly when the truck would have told me to do it based on a mileage example because I just passed the 1st year of ownership and at that point I was at about 6500 miles. I was busy for a bit so couldn't get it into the shop until 7000 miles but this is my first OCI!

I probably only had like 1500 miles on highway, remaining 5500 was all city

Just curious what OCI you guys are running disregarding the 'once a year timeline'

thanks!

My Jaguar with the 5.0 Supercharged V8 is still under warranty. I get free oil and filter changes for the first 5 years/60,000 miles. In order to maintain warranty coverage I am required to bring it into the dealer annually for an inspection and oil change.

However, once it is out of warranty I plan on doing my own oil & filter changes every 5000 miles. The owner's manual says every 12,000 miles which seems very optimistic. No way am I going to go that long. If I were only doing freeway driving I might stretch the OCI's to 7500 miles. If you put 5500 miles of mostly city driving on your Land Rover you should plan on 5000 mile OCI's. It's a good idea to add a bottle of BG 44K Fuel System Cleaner about every 3000 miles as well.

total from dry fill is like 9.25 quarts i believe but oil change is 8.5 quarts
7500 ~ 8000 miles is a good OCI for that oil, in that engine. You can go more, of course, but keeping it at the number I suggested will keep wear and deposits to a minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
7500 ~ 8000 miles is a good OCI for that oil, in that engine. You can go more, of course, but keeping it at the number I suggested will keep wear and deposits to a minimum.

Absolutely no longer than that.

I'd keep it 6500-7000 max, which is what I do. If you're strictly or mostly city driving like another poster said, 5000 miles max. You'll have a happier motor in the long run.

The oil capacity with a filter change is 6.9 quarts. You want to be careful not to overfill it, the cars do not have conventional dipsticks but rather an electronic readout that seems kind of wonky. If you overfill it, it will trigger a warning that takes a while to reset itself after you go to the trouble to suck the excess oil out.

Back