10’ Land Rover Range Rover - 5.0 V8 NA (138k) (5,382 Mile interval) (LM 0W-40)

This is of my 2010 Range Rover with the 5.0 Naturally Aspirated V8. We are the original owner, it's been running the same viscosity (5W-40/0W-40) for the last 10 years and we have never run an interval over 6k miles. I started doing these analysis after the vehicle went over the 100k mark, it had its timing chains done at around 68k miles, a OTS (Off the Shelf) tune from Eurocharged which was installed at 70k miles, and the engine oil cooler was done around 112k miles. New injectors, coils, plugs, valve cover, pcv at 130k miles.

Glad to see the jump in Iron drop back down to normal. Otherwise, no major issues! This vehicle lives in the downtown of the large city for the past 3 years, so a mix of downtown driving and long distance cruising as I take this on road trips often.

1704470865725.jpeg

Dont see anything wrong there.. only interesting thing is the Oil isnt great for LSPI prone engines (TGDI etc).. which you dont have.
I had thought most had updated their additive packages.. is that oil old?

Not sure, I've been using this 0W-40 for 4-5 years now. Never really noticed a change in performance or results, I don't think the additive package for LM 0W-40 Synthoil 0W-40 has changed. I've thought about changing to Redline or Valvoline or even changing viscosity but at this point I see no point. Motor seems happy enough at this point

Seems pretty consistent except for the past iron spike. TBN is pretty high, barring any other issues, I would probably run it longer if it were me, so long as the iron stayed low.

Back