2010 Land Rover Range Rover - 5.0 V8 Naturally Aspirated

This is of my 2010 Range Rover with the 5.0 Naturally Aspirated V8. We are the original owner, it's been running the same viscosity (5W-40/0W-40) for the last 10 years and we have never run an interval over 6k miles. I started doing these analysis after the vehicle went over the 100k mark, it had its timing chains done at around 68k miles, a OTS (Of the Shelf) tune from Eurocharged which was installed at 70k miles, and the engine oil cooler was done around 112k miles. Since the timing chain repair this vehicle has been running the same exact Liqui-Moly oil.

My biggest concern is the sudden spike in iron and the random traces of copper and tin although I'm not too worried. What are peoples thoughts?

Attachments

• 10 RANGE ROVER-230512 copy.jpg
    10 RANGE ROVER-230512 copy.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Your iron is going down so that's a good sign. It could be from the chain work or? The copper is a small increase so disregard for now. Love the Rover H2? Sports

Your iron is going down so that's a good sign. It could be from the chain work or? The copper is a small increase so disregard for now.

That's my thought process! Chain work was done almost 70k miles ago, I was worried its maybe coming from top end. I just don't know why I would randomly have such a huge spike, nothing big was worked on during that period. I also haven't noticed any large chucks in my oil filters or etc. Other than the most recent Iron spikes the engine was very very healthy and low wear from the data.

Could be something moving around but if it's coming down then it's no issue just keep running as is. Are you going to resample again in 6k?

Fair enough, yeah that is my intention! I have been thinking about 'trying' Liqui-Moly Ceratec but I know I may get some flake on that. I've heard some good about that as an additive.

Fair enough, yeah that is my intention! I have been thinking about 'trying' Liqui-Moly Ceratec but I know I may get some flake on that. I've heard some good about that as an additive.
Mostly additives to oil are a waste In my opinion. Unless the oil company specifies it's use with their oil I would skip it. Your 5w-40 or 0w-40 oil is just fine alone.

Back