What O2 sensors work best on a 2012 Silverado with the 5.3L V8 ??

My son had the trusted shop tell him he needed new O2 sensors, he's at 179,000 kilometres on the OEM's so the need is not a stretch. He sometimes gets a code - he's not car savvy so I can't say what one exactly even though he's borrowing my Autel scanner to take the read... this is another topic for another day.

So what O2 brands work well with the 5.3L V8 ? Denso, Bosch, NTK, Walker? or should he stick with Delphi? Should the 2 upstream and 2 downstream be all the same brand?

Thanks in advance, I don't have much GM experience so be gentle :eek:)

Denso and NTK are the best, but there is nothing wrong with using GM OE sensors, either :)

No need to be the same brand, but there's no reason not to use the same brand for all of them, either. It is a good idea to replace all of them, since they have similar lifespans.

My son had the trusted shop tell him he needed new O2 sensors, he's at 179,000 kilometres on the OEM's so the need is not a stretch. He sometimes gets a code - he's not car savvy so I can't say what one exactly even though he's borrowing my Autel scanner to take the read... this is another topic for another day.

So what O2 brands work well with the 5.3L V8 ? Denso, Bosch, NTK, Walker? or should he stick with Delphi? Should the 2 upstream and 2 downstream be all the same brand?

Thanks in advance, I don't have much GM experience so be gentle :eek:)
My neighbor just did them and he said OE are Denso. Bosch is largest O2 supplier.

The originals were manufactured by Denso using Delphi connectors. The downstream rarely go bad other than an occasional heating element failure.

At 112,000 miles I doubt more than 1 is bad, But replacing both upstream is good practice.

Back