What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM.....when they issue their new stock I see Chinese interests buying up a lot of it.

With the disposal of most of their toxic properties and debt, it will be a good investment. And the Chinese have a lot of cash(ours) to invest in our country.

Sad. I've always liked the S40 and V50.

"Chinese car makers are gaining strength thanks in part to a home market that has boomed as the rest of the world has sputtered. Passenger-vehicle sales in the country rose nearly 50% last year, with total vehicle sales exceeding 13 million, putting China ahead of the U.S. as the world's biggest auto market."

crazy2.gif

The Volvo brand was a very badly managed investment for Ford. The prevailing ideology behind it was to take the technologies from Volvo and put them on Fords and return very little to Volvo itself.

The Chinese owners are going to do the same since technologically are more behind than Ford was in 1999.

Let's hope the Volvo as we know it doesn't disappear.

Screw Ford and Volvo. No longer are they my favorites. I was just interested in buying a Ford for my next vehicle purchase. You guys have no idea how mad I am right now. But who do I blame for the feeding the Chinese?? The Big 3 in general or people's individual choices??

My next car will be SAAB. The Dutch brand 'Spyker' just bought them. I'm sure Dutch quality is very good and serious about QC

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Popinski
Screw Ford and Volvo. No longer are they my favorites. I was just interested in buying a Ford for my next vehicle purchase. You guys have no idea how mad I am right now. But who do I blame for the feeding the Chinese?? The Big 3 in general or people's individual choices??

They put out an open bid. It wasn't limited to just chinese companies. Anyone with the money could have bought it, and it just happened to be chinese. Ford would have been in big trouble if they stopped the sale because it was chinese because of the idea of "free trade".

Yeah but putting an open bid up, at least in hindsight, is just asking the Chinese to buy it. China is the only one with money to buy anything or the market to sell anything. China is doing all the manufacturing and selling blah. You'd think if you were doing an open bid you'd try to get top dollar which it doesn't seem Ford did.

Ford may not have felt they were in a position to do anything but go for top dollar. Grab the money and concentrate on building quality cars.

Sounds reasonable but you never can tell about these things. It just seems like there would've been other buyers interested and Ford could've negotiated. Sounds like Ford wanted to dump Volvo fast but who really knows.

It's been almost exactly two years since Ford sold Jag/LR, if there had been a viable offer for Volvo at any time between then and now, they would have sold them.

You said it yourself, the market is deflated, not many potential buyers with available cash to spend. I lay this money lost at the feet of Mr Nasser and his attempts to buy clout in the upscale car market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back