what kind of laundry detergent do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tide liquid. I used to use the cheapo powder but I noticed clothes losing color faster than they should so I switched to a better known quality soap and the clothes seem to hold up better.

My company makes one of the primary raw materials that goes into both liquid and powder laundry detergents. Because we are the largest producer in the world, we sell to pretty much everyone.

I use Tide liquid. The folks at P&G put together the absolute best formulations. Our R&D lab is always testing all the stuff out there to stay abreast.

Tide is the bomb.

Gain is THEE only detergent. Liquid Gain over the powdered.

Shampoo-Paul Mitchell Awapuhi and Nexxus Therappe (I switch between them).

Deoderant-Right Guard Powder Dry

Soap-Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Bar and Jergens original.

Dish Detergent-Dawn original and Gain

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
I use a low cost laundry detergent called Xtra found very cheap at CVS.

Works great and is low cost.

Same here. Maybe it's because I don't have fancy clothes, but I have found Xtra and other cheapies to be every bit as good as much more expensive name brands. Actually, I like the smell of a lot of the cheap stuff better. I think laundry detergent is one of those products where you mostly pay for advertising and packaging.

I don't like buying household products and am cheap as [censored] when I need them. I also use "Ruffies" trash bags, Power House Ultra dish detergent, Wal-Mart Great Value detergent for the dishwasher, LA's Totally Awesome general cleaner/degreaser, etc. $1 is where it's at.

Era. Menard's has it on sale often enough. We used Xtra in the past but it couldn't get the kids clothes clean enough, and had to use large doses of it even at that.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

I have found Xtra and other cheapies to be every bit as good as much more expensive name brands. I think laundry detergent is one of those products where you mostly pay for advertising and packaging.

Agree. I too use Xtra and Sun among some other bargain brand laundry soaps. No way I am paying what Tide and the other name brand soaps cost that do nothing better( actually Xtra and Sun do a better job than Tide from what I have seen ). I used to like Arm & Hammer but it has become tooo expensive now.

The cost of laundry soap has got ridiculous. The price keeps going up as the bottle gets smaller and smaller. I don't believe the claims on those smaller bottles that the load size increases either. Still takes the same amount to clean the clothes.

Last edited:
Cheer free n clear for her, cheer or Gain original for me. Era for work clothes. Cheaper detergents don't let the clothes hold their color as long with our water. All liquid form.
Dawn and Gain dish soap
Finish quantum everything else leaves hard water spots
Busch light or leinenkugels
old spice or axe, depending on what I'm doing/where I'm going
I prefer Jif but buy whats cheaper
Shick quattro shaver
All my food stuff is usually the hyvee store brand - stuff is the best store brand food you can buy.

FYI I always buy on sale and use coupons. It makes using the good stuff more affordable

Laundry detergent: XTra
Dish Soap for getting grease out of clothes / skin: Dawn
Dish soap for cleaning dishes: Whatever is cheap
Gilette Fusion Razor

Anything else: Whatever is cheap.

Just got some samples of "Tide Pods" which is a small bubble package you put into the machine. Happy with them so far. Not sure I would pay extra for it. Does nothing for my t-shirt that smells like diff fluid though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back