What kind of bed do you own?

We have a 100% natural all latex mattress that is probably 8 years old and the best mattress we ever slept on. I hate sleeping on anything else.

Not sure if it's a thing in your area, however last ear I purchased a new mattress from a local manufacturer. They have 2 locations and also make the mattress' for Crate & Barrel. I ended up with a firm, double pillow top standard mattress which cost me $450 plus $59 delivery. It replaced a $400 starter mattress which was 8 years old and far overdue for replacement and I couldn't be more happy. A similar "brand name" mattress would retail for 2.5-3x as much.

If there's something like that in your area, take a look.

One thing I learned is don't cheap out on a mattress since I spend about 1/4 of my day on it.

Being that my wife and I are tall and skinny, we prefer a plush mattress. The best feeling beds we found have nano coils in them. Only a few mattresses have them.

Staava seemed the most interesting of the online bed company's. They don't put their mattress in a box. They offer different firmness levels and use a unique
innerspring system. Staava also offers two mattress thicknesses if you don't want something requiring deep fitted sheets.

We ended up finding something in a store that has nano coils and feels great. But we came close to buying this:

I agree having wife agree on the mattress to buy.

Simmons Beauty-rest is on it's way out. I will never buy another Simmons mattress.
Wife and I have a Simmons Beauty Rest Black Series ”Callista” extra-firm.

It’s a traditional coil spring mattress, but has a layer of memory foam (not too thick) on top.

The Simmons Beauty Rest claim to fame is the individually pocketed coils - with no interconnection between the coils, it minimizes movement when your spouse gets into or out of bed. I find that feature to work as advertised.

We absolutely love it, and we have trouble sleeping whenever we take trips, because wherever we sleep, whether it’s at relatives’ homes, hotels, or Air BNBs, the matress is never even close to as comfortable as ours.

Most mattresses are entirely too soft, squishy, and unsupportive.

I will say this - my wife is 8 mos pregnant, and, since she can’t sleep on her stomach or back anymore, and has to sleep on her side, she was getting pressure points on her hips and shoulder areas from sleeping on her side, and I had to get her a twin-bed-sized memory foam topper for her side of the bed to use until she has the baby. That has worked out very well, and solved the problem of hot spots when she’s on her side.

What I learned when mattress shopping back when I got my current one is that if you’re primarily a back and stomach sleeper, like me (I typically go to sleep on my back and then flip to my stomach halfway through the night), you want a more firm mattress. Personally I really like the combo of memory foam on the top of the mattress, and good, firm support underneath.

On the other hand, if you’re a side sleeper mostly, then you probably want something a bit softer, because if your mattress is too hard, yo can get pressure points, especially on hip/shoulder areas.

Time to eat.
20201230_124901.jpg

Back