What is your go to shave soap/cream?

Currently using Cremo but I have this (Duke Cannon) waiting in the wings...I'm not a clown so I passed the test to be able to buy it.
View attachment 61955
I have some of that too. I’m almost done with the tube. I find the scent to be “just OK”.

I use their bar soap. My favorite has been the “campfire”. I saw that they now have a Bay Rum scent, as well, which I’d like to try.

It's unperfumed, so it smells natural, not exactly great, but not unpleasant at
all. I used to use olive soap from Aleppo/Syria for many many years, but then
stumbled upon this one from Marseille/France and I like it better as it doesn't
tend to get that mushy when wet. Both the olive soaps from Aleppo and Mar-
seille are much more pleasant to the skin than anything else I've tried before.

I dont understand the EDGE users. it's not better than Gillette foamy and it adds extra time
to spread it and for it to foam on your face. Yes it is "Fun" - but to no benefit.
Now that I'm retired I don't care about extra shaving time, but on workdays NO WAY!

Barbasol and Colgate are quite inferior - near worthless.

I am missing Noxzema in a can. Why is it gone from the shelves?

Also the "shaving craze" is absolutely silly to me - how did this start?

Men feel the need to be pampered for some bizarre reason?
Noxema in a can is no longer common in my locale either.

Barbersol. works great for keeping my skin from drying out. Used to use Gillette but i didnt like their ads. Barbersol also is made in the USA as well so extra bonus for me.

I do want to know what brand this guy recommends.

I’ve been collecting and using vintage shave gear for about 15 years. Favorite soap overall is vintage Williams, modern soap would be a tie between Arko, Palmolive,Tabac and Wilkinson sticks. Also like
Proraso creams.

Reactions: JC1
Barbasol, Edge or Gillette. Those are my favorites. I especially like the gel ones. I have a Gillette Mach 3 razor and a Gillette Fusion 5 razor and some other razor that my dad seen on TV that he bought one for both of us that has changeable cartridges in it too.

I like the Nivia shave cream, but use Williams Lectric Shave before that as it keeps razor burn to a minimum. As for soap, and shampoo Dr. Squatch is awesome.

I kind of rotate by week- my inventory is Proraso green, Cella red, Pre de Provence, Santa Maria de Novella, Cremo sage & citrus, Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice, Stirling Soap Scots Pine Sheep, and an old tub of Queen Charlotte Celestial Woods (smells like lumber). Right now, I have Proraso Green and Pre de Provence up.

And I go occasionally to Maggard Razors and get samples- this morning's shave was a Proraso white soap sample.

Back