What is the EXACT replacement for the ford orange

So im not sure if im getting bad info but my local dealers are all claiming that the ford orange coolant is officially discontinued and there is no more avail old stock. I would still like to use it in the two cars I have until I change the dreaded water pump out. (3.7L V6 internal)

I genuinly do not care about what ford says that the yellow is better....I just want to use the orange, where do I get it now.

Example we all know Zerex G-05 is identical formula as the Motorcraft Premium Gold. What is the idenitcal fomula to ford orange?

I topped off a Ford that had orange coolant with (Prestone branded) Dex-Cool and no issues. Although I did not put in much. Going to eventually flush it out and replace it with Peak 10X at some point.

I think you're getting bad info; the orange stuff is still on the Motorcraft chemicals website.

As most have said, any DexCool product will work fine if you can't get the Ford stuff.

But if you need detailed info, it's all on this website for Ford related coolants and lubricants:

This is a bit outdated; 2015, but it's better than nothing

Last edited:
Both of my late model Ford owners manuals call for 'Motorcraft Specialty Orange Engine Coolant' by name....they also list 'Ford Specification' WSS-M97B44-D....which I have seen listed on the back of Dexcool jugs....so...IMO...Ford Orange is Dexcool...

That doesn't keep people here from being OCS about the actual color.
Plenty of people feel that color doesn't make a difference if the chemical composition of the antifreeze.

Prestone has very very very little variation amongst pretty much all of their labeling and products. So I am agreeing with you

I meant OCD about the antifreeze color. Rad and pink are the stupidest color for a coolant because it's the same color as transmission fluid (usually).
I'd agree with you.. only, substitute some windshield wiper fluids and the reservoir. Yeah they are in different spots but these things come in all sorts of colors nowadays.

Prestone makes a DexCool that is blue
Prestone makes purple antifreeze for BMW
Blue coolant for.. BMW
They call it European formula
They have POAT coolants

It's all Dexclone type of stuff.. we have not even gotten into the universal Dark Yellow color yet.

Back