What is Marvel Mystery Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Clubber_Lang
^contempt from many on BITOG

Oh I see, that wasn't clear to me from your post.

Well, I don't know if I have seen "contempt and disdain" here much either. That sounds a lot like when someone complains that there's a lot of "hate" about a product, generally that only means that not everyone is onboard with the same enthusiasm as the one making the statement. You do know that simply pointing out that there's no actual proof of a product's efficacy is not necessarily contempt or disdain, right? It is only stating a fact.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Clubber_Lang
^contempt from many on BITOG

Oh I see, that wasn't clear to me from your post.

Well, I don't know if I have seen "contempt and disdain" here much either. That sounds a lot like when someone complains that there's a lot of "hate" about a product, generally that only means that not everyone is onboard with the same enthusiasm as the one making the statement. You do know that simply pointing out that there's no actual proof of a product's efficacy is not necessarily contempt or disdain, right? It is only stating a fact.

It's a matter of perspective I guess.

Example A: Consumer states, I have been using Mobil 1 oil changes for 30,000 miles and had to take the valve cover off (again).... Engine was impossibly clean looking compared to last time. Mobil 1 works!

Example B: insert Redline motor oil in above

Example C: insert MMO and shorten above timeframe to 3,000? miles

In all 3 examples, detractors can and do say, well ok but *any good (motor oil, additive, Additives suck! just use any motor oil, X additive, no additive ect.) would do that, you don't know if it was (motor oil, additive) that did it.

Where I'd say that through experience you in fact can say with reasonable certainty that MMO does what is is described to do, faster than motor oil alone (and safely)

MMO is in fact, an excellent product at a great price point. It may not be as useful as it was in the 60s-80s (with inferior oil) but it still does have cleaning applications in my opinion.

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

Last edited:
I'm a fan of MMO... I've used it with positive results keeping my engines clean and in my fuel to keep things clean. My S&S carbed 97 Harley is still running smooth after all these years... as are my seldom driven vehicles and lawn mower. I like running it in the fuel especially in cold weather due to the sustained higher engine RPMs when first starting a cold engine ...for that little extra peace of mind that it adds a bit more lubrication in the fuel for the top end right then at start up. I like running 16 ounces in the last 500 miles of an OCI to keep my engines clean. I'm using it in a friends Chevy Cobalt 2.2 L that went too long on the OCIs and dirtied up the sensors causing running issues... I cleaned the sensors and their housings and added the MMO to a fresh oil change and it's running smoother every day... Yep, good stuff. Good for cleaning residue out of gun barrels too...

There are many many threads of members arguing about this product.

Another one isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back