What is best oil filter Chrysler Town&Country 3.6L

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2014 Chrysler Town and Country 3.6L

They don't make a Mobil 1 or a Pure One Purolator - The car is new for me a now I'm lost on what I should get. At one time I knew the best, now I'm lost

The Pure One Purolator had a denser synthetic filter media to filter out smaller
particles and more surface area to make up for the flow restriction.
Aside from those the cartridge is the same construction as the Premium Plus.
The filter cartridge has an even more impressive surface area of 400 sq inch.

Mobil 1 was the second best as far as surface sq area.

Can someone help me out with this, I will be using synthetic oil

Last edited:
2014 is same filter # as a 2015 and 2016 too. I looked and cross referenced this at Champion Labs online catalog

From what I have read, the Mopar seems to be the best built. Now where to buy one without having to make a trip to the dealer?

Originally Posted By: easytim
The Pure One Purolator had a denser synthetic filter media to filter out smaller particles ...

The PureOne is not synthetic media.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
From what I have read, the Mopar seems to be the best built. Now where to buy one without having to make a trip to the dealer?

Unless you need it immediately:
-Rock Auto
-eBay
-Amazon

I usually purchase 3 at a time on eBay for $21 with free shipping.

Hengst E720H, which is also the OEM oil filter. There's also the Fram CH11665.

All the others seem to be Korean knockoffs. Wix, Hastings/Baldwin, Purolator, and Mahle are all Korean.

Oh good! We haven't had a "best filter" question in a least the last 20 minutes ....

Seriously, there is no "best" filter because you have not, in any way, defined what "best" means to you. Nor told us what your O/FCI plan is.

You can spend a lot of time and money searching for the "best", or you can just get a decent brand name filter and quit worrying about it. Engines today often outlast the rest of the vehicle, or more often, outlast your desire to own it. Your van does NOT need anything super-duper special, despite what marketing hype and BITOG rhetoric will tell you.

This is a very unusual cartridge type filter, and I don't seem to be readily available in the super premium lines.

WIX WL10010 or FRAM CH11665 are both readily available for around $5 each on Rock Auto.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Oh good! We haven't had a "best filter" question in a least the last 20 minutes ....

Seriously, there is no "best" filter because you have not, in any way, defined what "best" means to you. Nor told us what your O/FCI plan is.

You can spend a lot of time and money searching for the "best", or you can just get a decent brand name filter and quit worrying about it. Engines today often outlast the rest of the vehicle, or more often, outlast your desire to own it. Your van does NOT need anything super-duper special, despite what marketing hype and BITOG rhetoric will tell you.

Please ignore this post and the best filter is the most expensive one you can find...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dnewton3

LOL!
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back