What is a good front wheel bearing and hub for a 2008 honda odyssey

Go with SKF, it includes the bearing, hub, cv axle nut and snap ring for $131. SKF is great quality and will last. This would be more than double OE for similar quality.

Thank you so much, just ordered it up, should be here next week. It's about 150-200$ to get the tools to do the bearing myself, if I were doing multiple vehicles it would be justified but with a machine shop down the street for 15 minutes work it might not be worth stocking up on tools.

Its easy, press the hub out from behind (the inner race and balls will most likely come with it), remove the snap ring, press the bearing outer race out from behind, if reusing the hub remove the inner race stuck on it.
Clean it up and press the new bearing in from the front, install the snap ring then press the hub back in. You can also use a grappler but on many salt belt cars its a bigger PITA than its worth, it is easier just to pull the knuckle and press it.

That's exactly how we did it on my Son's Toyota Sequoia. Pulled the knuckles, Did both sides. Used OEM bearings, which with the on-line discounts were actually a little cheaper than aftermarket. We re-used the hubs, there wasn't anything wrong with them. The key is supporting the inner race of the bearing when the hub goes back in.

That's exactly how we did it on my Son's Toyota Sequoia. Pulled the knuckles, Did both sides. Used OEM bearings, which with the on-line discounts were actually a little cheaper than aftermarket. We re-used the hubs, there wasn't anything wrong with them. The key is supporting the inner race of the bearing when the hub goes back in.

Thats how i've done saturn s- models. Remove the knuckles.

You do have to support the inner bearing race when pressing the hub back in, or it will fail in 10k miles or less. Use appropriate sized sockets for this.

Also it seems to make it easier to press the bearings in, when you leave them in the bottom of the deep freezer overnight.

I have a 12 ton press, which presses everything in fine. But for wornout overheated bearings, it barely sometimes gets them out. If buying a press, get a 20 ton!

Back