What Happend to Sunoco Motor Oils?

Sun Oil Company. Dont see them around anymore on store shelves. Had good luck with their SJ/SH oils when everything else seemed mediocre.

Last edited:
Up here, 'Suncor' Energy company owns the rights to the Sunoco name in Canada, and run stations under that name. With the recent merger with Petro-Canada, most observers are saying they will close down the Sunoco name use, and only sell gas under the better-known Petro-Canada name and station. Sunoco does not sell its own brand of motor oil in Canada; all Sunoco stations sell predominantly Pennzoil motor oil. Suncor doesn't make its own brand of engine oil or gas in Canada; they just extract crude. So I suspect that SOPUS supplies the Sunoco stations with actual oil and gas; and Suncor just uses the name for marketing. I know the situation is totally different in the US, where there is actual Sunoco oil and gas, just thought I'd chime in with the Canadian situation as far as I know it....

ARCOgraphite

Boy, that used to be a big name. Surprised someone didnt grab that name for easy brand recognition. Oh Vell ... ... "I coulda been a contender, I coulda been somebody"

Sunoco Motor Oils are really popular in Africa and many parts of Asia. Mainly third world countries. Whenever I visit parts of Africa and Asia all I see is Sunoco brand oils.

got gas a a sunoco today....they had 10w-20 and 5w-30 motor oil says sunoco ultra motor oil on the bright blue bottle.

Last edited: