what good spray waxes are stand alone waxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings:

What good otc spray waxes are stand alone, besides Mother's FX? I have been combinating Meguiars ultimate wax, with Mother's FX, and some Lucas Spray wax, unbelievable shine and glow, along with numerous positive comments. I would use Meg ultimate detailer, for the light water spots, and or dust, light dirt, then I would alternate between, Meg ultimate spray wax, lucas spray wax. Mother's FX spray wax, would only be applied every 2 weeks, since it is so durable. After a good rain storm, the paint stays fairly clean. I would lightly spray it down with hose, dry, then apply the aforementioned applications. Every 6 months, Duragloss 101, and 111. What say
you? I know all about the wide selections of www.autogeek.net but, what about the otc sleeper waxes and polishes?

Best Regards

I just use Wax-As-U-Dry from Eagle1 evertime I wash my car. I'm already drying my car with an Absorber, so why not spray on some waxasudry product? :)

I like it, improves shine and water beading most definitely.

OTC> AquaWax is the only one worth mentioning. Smells good, and looks even better. This is something I always have on my shelf -- even though I love trying new products every time one is finally empty.

Mothers FX or Duragloss AW for OTC
Zaino Z8 can be used as a standalone but functions better over ZAIO.

I like commercial product Pro P-80 golden mist,, spray on use M/F towel wipe in 1 section at a time it will slight haze buff off with clean m/f towel. It will give a slight haze even though it is a spray on. I like it seem to do well by reapplying monthly.

What do you mean by "stand alone" waxes? To me that means a wax that can be used without needing another, complimentary product under it.

Pretty much all the store bought spray waxes are "stand alone".

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
What do you mean by "stand alone" waxes? To me that means a wax that can be used without needing another, complimentary product under it.

Pretty much all the store bought spray waxes are "stand alone".
Basically a wax that not only supports other systems, but can be applied without the support of another polish and or wax. Some waxes are not all stand alone, but just boosters and or support to an existing application and or applications, particualrly when it comes to spray waxes.

I have heard about DG AW. I have use their products all of the time, however, I have yet to try their spray wax. I will order some in a few weeks.

Z8 is on my list! Now could it be layered over any existing system and paint that is in good condition, or would one have to incorporate the Zanio system?

Lucas slick mist, is the best spray wax in my experience. But for just slightly more effort you could apply TW Ice liquid, since it needs no buffing. Just wipe on with an applicator sponge, and then wipe off with a microfiber.

Originally Posted By: gulfstream
Z8 is on my list! Now could it be layered over any existing system and paint that is in good condition, or would one have to incorporate the Zanio system?

Z8 will work over a good quality AIO or wax such as Collinite or Duragloss but works especially well in conjunction to the Zaino system.

I have used the Adam's Detail Spray. It leaves a slick surface and nice shine. It smells great too. However, I tend to prefer to use spray waxes (like Mothers FX) since it costs about or less than the specialty detail sprays plus you get more durability for no extra cost and much extra effort. But, Adam's does add pop to paint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back