What fuel pump for a Non Flex 2005 Tahoe, VIN T

With my on-going truck saga, my parents have been gracious enough to let me drive their old 2005 Tahoe Z71 that has been sitting since May of 2021 since my mother replaced it with a 2018 Tahoe.

Truck needs fuel lines as there is a sizable leak when running. Additionally, I am going to replace the pump and sending unit -- old girl does have 270k on what could very well be the OE pump, that and corrosion of the top of the sender is always a salt-belt concern.

My question here today is this? What pump does this puppy take?

Fuel rail looks to only have a feed, no regulator or return line. This is a VIN T truck, so non-flex fuel LM7 5.3. With that said, I'd be looking for a fuel pump/sender with just a pressure and vent fitting, correct?

When I look up on RockAuto.com under pumps, the Gas pump, which I'm assuming I am needing, always have three, pressure, return and vent. Then Flex-Fuel or VIN Z pumps appear to be the only ones with just a pressure and vent.

I am very confused on what to buy.

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 2.56.17 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 2.50.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 2.50.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 2.50.17 PM.png

I am thinking I am also going to buy this fuel line kit and not use the return line: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275010901273 -- not a bad kit for the price.

What you want to do is to jack up the rear end, place on jack stands, and remove the driver's side rear tire. You might need to jack the body up a couple of inches, but there should be enough room for you to see if there are two or three hoses. Since you have a non-Flex Fuel engine, you will likely need the pump with 3 lines - fuel, return, EVAP. Also, the fuel pressure regulator is now part of the fuel pump assembly.

I would go with the ACDelco MU1639.

As far as the fuel line kit goes, why not use one for a 2005 Tahoe instead of one for a 1999 - 2003 Silverado/Sierra?

I put a Delphi FG0808 in our old '05 Yukon, 5.3, Vin T.

Fuel gauge never read correctly ever again. Super annoying IMO. Don't go Delphi! I'd almost bet my life you'll find the OEM pump was a Bosch and that's what I'd use again. I know typically Bosch ain't great but GM used them heavily during this time

On my '03 'Burb (albeit 3/4t with dual tanks) the difference in pumps was CA emissions or no CA emissions. Despite being in CO and purchasing the vehicle in NM I was unlucky enough to wind up with a CA emissions model, making the pumps more rare and more expensive.

I did more digging, it appears as if the Listings here on Rock Auto For Flex fuel, when looked up on ACDelco parts catalog, also list VIN T. Strange listings they have.

So I ended up ordering a return-less style pump/sender and an 04-10 Silverado fuel line kit of Nylon that has a compression fitting to shorten it if need be. Should serve this truck well for a while. Frame and body on the truck are in good shape, has been undercoated every year. But if I am not mistaken, fuel and brake lines on these trucks are not very well corrosion treated.

Back