What front wheel bearing for 1/2 ton 4WD GM truck

I am getting intermittent ABS lights on my dash of the Tahoe. Usually after 50-100ft, the light goes out.

I have yet to pull codes, but I am assuming it'll be related to a speed sensor. So I figure probably due for some front wheel bearings.

What brand would you go with?

1694228476877.jpg

1694228493784.jpg

1694228508958.jpg

GM Genuine is my first choice, especially if you plan to keep it.

As for the lower cost options, don't overpay for the ACDelco branded part (not same as Genuine GM). Roll the dice with the Timken, Shaeffler (aka FAG), or SKF instead.

Not that you can always trust the pictures to be an accurate indicator of the exact product, but both the GM Genuine and Schaeffler have "ILJIN" Korea on the hub.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I bought SKF and am swapping them out now. I did the passenger side yesterday, that one had the ABS history code. Right now doing the driver. Both have a touch of play so they’re ready. I believe what was in here was elcheapo china AutoPlus AutoExtra.

They’re coming apart pretty good. Only 2-3 wacks with a sledge.

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpeg
    IMG_2426.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 30
Wouldn't that be a simple senor replace if the bearings are still good. The only time I had to replace the gmt400 hub was when it started growling. Also as long as you have the gm part number I've pulled from amazon and fleabay nos.

GM, has never made these parts, ever. they are supplied to them by ????? (roll, dice, check watch, phase of moon) and the older the vehicle gets, the less picky GM is with who they source from. I dont think you list the year but that list above sniffs as early-mid? 00's.

In todays world of global packaging there are often 4-5 maker labels on the box (trust me on this, my shop ran on the commercial parts jobber, not the stuff you get from O'vancezone parts. depending on WHICH box label caused your address to be used, sets what you pay. frustrating and pays to have a good jobber....

note on dealing with the rock - they dont use regional warehouses anymore - so get the target part number and if you are a prime member, plug it in to amazon. I hate for Jeff to get any of the money, BUT, you are oft actually buying the same part from the same supplier with shipping for less than rock+shipping AND you tend to get it within 48 hours unless its a hard stock and you live in in east bum-f. Lately, the little blue vans have been rolling up next day for stuff I woulda never thunk...

ps: check the warranties. too often today, the farther the maker gets offshore, the shorter the warranty is. the mexican/south american stuff aint bad. when I see 'china' on the box I sigh in disgust..

ps: genuine GM means (today) that the maker of THAT part is the same maker who supplied that run initially. with the demise of things like SSG and delco remy and hydramatic etc, the factory almost NEVER has the mark on it.

Wouldn't that be a simple senor replace if the bearings are still good. The only time I had to replace the gmt400 hub was when it started growling. Also as long as you have the gm part number I've pulled from amazon and fleabay nos.
That would be a simple job if this wasn’t the rust belt. I would figure the speed sensor would snap off long before coming out.

Back