What filter do you use and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PureOnes for the last several years. However, I have a Wix on one car now because I was impressed with the quality of its construction and wanted to give it a run. Also, as it turns out, the bypass pressure setting on the Wix is closer to Honda's spec than the PureOne.

I don't know that the construction quality outweighs the value of the somewhat better filtration of the PureOne.

6...1/2 dozen. I like both.

They're both more than good enough for my purposes.

Chrysler doesn't make oil filters. Mopar oil filters are purchased in batches from the lowest bidder. Sometimes the lowest bidder is- Fram.
shocked.gif
pat.gif
banghead.gif
thumbsdown.gif

Mann filter for the Bimmer. Because it's OEM.

Purolator Premium for the old Buick. Because they're good and cheap.

I stick with Nissan oil filters due to warranty issues. If I were to venture out and buy the best brand name oil filter offered, and it failed, guess who gets to pay for the new engine in my Frontier. Nissan is forever nagging me to bring my truck in for it's next scheduled service, so since I'm doing it all myself I'd like to avoid warranty hassles with them if something bad happened.

Thanks to BITOG, I now use Wix. Since I'm the oil changer for many friends and family, I put in an order for Wix filters (oil, air, fuel, transmission, and cabin) every once in a while. Everyday low price, free shipping, and no tax makes it a good deal.

I recently began using Supertech OFs on my Volvo. My motivation was price & availability. I realize that the OE Mann filters are superior, but they also $cost$ twice(at least)as much and are simply too well made for my frequent 3-4k OCIs.

NAPA Gold, after finding this site. At $5.89 they aren't all that much more that the FRAMs or Motomasters that I always used. I do have to say that I never experienced any issues with either though. Now it's just peace of mind.

CP

PureOne -- although the last one was difficult to thread.
Wix - first try
Napa Golds - rebate - haven't tried yet
Motorcaft (S) - no brainer for the Ford

I buy them all because this site told me to:)

AC-Delco for both GM owned vehicles...metal end caps, good solid filters, reasonable cost, good flow, good filtering....haven't had problems in 400K miles on several trucks.

OCI 3K - 6K

quote:

Originally posted by bottgers:
I'm lookin' for it.....I can't remember what I typed into the search engine.....arrrrgg!

Look up... There you go, now click on the history icon... That is unless you have the history turned off for some reason, in which case we can go looking for cookies..

I used to use either AC Delco, PowerFlo and until Meijer switched to Fram, PureOne. I would also use the Napa Filters. I recently found out about fleetfilter.com and bought the NAPA Gold filters for an average of $3.33 each including shipping. This was for 12 51085 and 12 57092. That was much better than at the local NAPA and about the same as the PowerFlo's at Murray's and now I don't have to worry about buying any for about a year or so (I drive a lot of miles). It's not like they have a shelf life or anything.

I use Purolator plus on my Z-71 because I change the oil every 3000 miles or 3 months. I use a Pure 1 on my wife's van and my daughter's Blazer because I change those every 6 months.

I use the best filter I can buy for $4. I now have 2 purolater PP's which cost me $3 each at a AAP sale. I also ordered a Honda filter from HandA, for 4.40 or so, to see if I got a Filtech like the website showed. I got the Filtech.
cheers.gif
IMO these are good enough for a 5K 4 month OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back