What filter do you use and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know..Fram has testing showing how good their filter is v competition too...

And we know what people think of Fram in here..
wink.gif

bottgers, provide the link to the test. There are several well-known internet oil filter tests out there. Some are recent, some are old... just curious to know if you've discovered a new one.

I can't recall any internet test that actually ranked the filters before. The ones I've seen just point out positives and negatives and leave it to the reader to decide which ones are best for their uses.

I use ST. Never had much luck finding PF 1177's after Delco changed from the old PF 9. In the pre BITOG days, I started hacking up filters figuring any info was better than what I had. I found most of the cheaper filters largely the same inside, except Fram with half as much filter media, and Delco with half again as much. ST was cheaper and more convenient than other similar ones. I continued with PF 47/52 as long as I had something they fit. My Ecotec gets Purolator elements because I can find good deals on them, and Fram hasn't completely ran me off from name brands.

Amsoil EAO or Denso one time fit filters. Amsoil because i want to go to 10K oil change intervals then after that i may try the denso at the same interval.

quote:

Originally posted by bottgers:

quote:

Originally posted by kanling:

quote:

You can find it just easily as I did by using a search engine. I don't have time to look it up again.

:rolleyes:

What, you don't have a search engine on your computer?

What search engine did you use? What did you type in?

I tried a bunch of things and Google's not pulling up any "independent tests".

Stop jerking us around and just look it up again. You've got enough time to post 5 times in this thread then you've got enough time to post a link.

FWIW: I agree with your view on it. PureOne is about the best for the $$. M1 has a decent edge but cost way more
dunno.gif

Here's my list:

PureOne: Extended drains
MC: Where convenient
ST: Great value, imo.
AA-TG: When 2:1 sale is on.

The only negative thing they had to say about the M1 filter as I recall was they said it was somewhat restrictive flow wise. Otherwise, great filter.

Pureones whenever I can get them on visits the US. They are just not available in Canada at a reasonable price. (motorcyle and wife's acura). Probably my first choice of filter.

I stock up on Supertech's for my high mileage truck when in the US. Good value for an old truck.

Napa Gold's for my wife's Acura when in Canada and out of pureones. Best value in Canada for a premium filter.

Mann/Hengst/BMW factory cartridge filter for my BMW. All are equal in my view.

I use Purolator PureONEs for my Mazda6 because i like the pretty blue media. They better be pretty for $9/ea.

I use Purolator Premium Plus as they're avaliable for $1.00 or less, each, when on sale. If FRAM was $1.00/each, I'd be using them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back