What else should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car is a 1994 honda accord LX, 5 speed man., 141,000 miles.

I finally have a free week, and so does my dad, we're gonna fix a few things. So far the things I know of that we're doing is:

-Replacing all 4 struts
-replacing valve cover gasket (leaking oil into spark plugs)
-replacing spark plugs
-replacing stabilizer bar link (it's so far degraded it has almost an inch of freeplay up or down)
-replacing front brakes and rotors (current ones squeal like a MF)
-flushing brakes, P/S, clutch, and radiator fluids
-fixing my window (it needs to be ajusted, drive side, wont go up on its own.

theres other stuff, but mainly my question is what else should be replaced while we have the front end apart? I want the car to last a few more years, and I drive about 70 miles a day.

Is there anything I should know before we start the job?

And my exhaust manifold im pretty sure has a crack in it, but the problem is theres 3 screw to remove the heat shield, one is broken off, the other two are rusted, so we dont want to remove them for fear of breaking off. How can we go about getting the two rusted ones out, and the one that broke off? My dads afraid that he'll damage the head if he taps it out.

have fun with those front rotors. you need a slidehammer to get them off. i bought a special tool from MATCO for that exact purpose, i did a lot of them though. the tool cost somwhere around $250.

spark plug tube seals along with that VC gasket
I assume that the TB has already been replaced at least once?
MTF replacement
I would also siphon the MC reservoir and flush the brake lines with new fluid
cap & rotor ever replaced?
PCV valve ever replaced?

Quote:

have fun with those front rotors. you need a slidehammer to get them off. i bought a special tool from MATCO for that exact purpose, i did a lot of them though. the tool cost somwhere around $250.

Thanks lol we will, thats the reason they havent been replaced yet. I bought the rotors and pads, we took off the wheel, looked at it for a good 5 minutes, and put the wheel back on haha. That was about 3 months ago, my dad has read up on it a little and knows how to do it now.

Quote:

spark plug tube seals along with that VC gasket
I assume that the TB has already been replaced at least once?
MTF replacement
I would also siphon the MC reservoir and flush the brake lines with new fluid
cap & rotor ever replaced?
PCV valve ever replaced?

What is TB? MTF is amsoil, one of the first things I replaced. Cap, rotor, and spark plug wires look decent, definetly aftermarket (only have had the car since 135k miles). PCV valve was replaced a while ago.

Thank you for the input so far

Change the upper strut mounts while you have the struts out.

AutoZone rents out a real good strut spring compressor.

TB = timing belt (sorry about that)
If there is any problems with hesitation, not passing smog, you might want to clean the EGR and throttle body.

Ack sorry meant shocks, this car has shocks, so no strut mount, but I ordered all the bushings and stuff for them, so ill replace those.

Timing belt I was told was done before, this car is recommended for every 90k miles from what i've heard, so ill do it at 180k miles.

Honestly im wondering mostly what I can do about the exhaust manifold shield.

Quote:

Ack sorry meant shocks, this car has shocks, so no strut mount,

Wow, really? I thought all front wheel drive cars had at least struts in the front. I'd like to find me a drawing of that front suspension.

well technically its a strut. its the Honda hybrid front suspension that used a lower control, upper wishbone and a strut. there are mounts, although they don't go bad that often, i still like to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back