What Does Your Animal Companion Do To “Intentionally” Annoy You?

When Toby wants attention, he comes over and stands on my chest. Very patiently, but it isn't the most comfortable thing.

95653752-9F19-4428-87E7-F988C4D15CEF.jpeg

I have two male Bengal cats, brothers, two years old. They eat a lot, small cans of Fancy Feast. Somewhere between 2 am and 4 am, one of the cats will start vocalizing to get me up to feed them. Second step is to get on the headboard of the bed and reach down with a paw and poke me on the scalp. Then, get under the bed covers and nip and paw at my toes.

Its usually time for me to get up anyway for a bathroom visit, so I put up with this. Otherwise, they are marvelous companions and I am pleased to be their guardian.

This is why I bought an auto feeder. My cat gets his meal at 2:00am every night and I don’t have to wake up.

Doggo knows he’s not allowed in our room (my one safe space), but he just has to know what’s going on. If the bedroom door isn‘t fully shut he slowly sticks just his nose in the crack and stays there indefinitely, quietly monitoring the situation. If he hears something he’ll nudge the door open fully and again sit there staring at us. This is funny, because my door has one of those spring hinges that shuts the door, so the door comes back and bonks him in the head. He doesn’t move or complain about it.

Our dog sheds like crazy, all year round. No matter how much he’s brushed there are tumbleweeds all over. This is why he‘s not allowed in the bedroom. Enough fur makes it in as is.

If we don't get up soon enough to feed the cat, first she'll yowl at us, but that progresses on to chewing on the tag hanging off our comforter. She knows she's not supposed to chew on things, but once she knows she has our attention she stops.
Two cats (same age-same litter) been with us since 2008. Always been together. Two food bowls side by side. One eats a lot more. Yet she will not touch the other cats food if hers is empty. I can actually tell one go find the other and they will go outside and return together. Well one will do that and take commands like she knows what you are saying. The other not so much. They are Nowrwegian Forest cats with the big mains around the necks in winter. There is a pet door to the garage from outside. We can leave for as much a week to two and they are fine. Funny that when we return they sound like they are fussing us when we first get back. My sons / grandkids get a kick out of them and when they visit and see me comand them & they do what I tell them. They all laugh and call me "the cat wrangler."

I think I have mentioned this before but because my cat Tigger is agile enough to leap up and press down door lever handles I had to replace two door handles with round knobs to foil his constant escape attempts to the outside world. I'd go out in the yard and close the door behind me and Tigger, having opened the door in ninja mode, would suddenly make a mad dash past me and dangle a split second later from the top of my 7-foot-high fence. Then I'd have to grab him very quickly by his hind legs and stretch his body to a comical length before he'd let go. We are talking about wrestling with an 18-pound and at that moment rather upset cat with sharp claws and teeth. So far, he has not mastered opening door knobs. I don't much care for door knobs but my cat made me accept them. Those were nice door lever handles! Bad cat! :ROFLMAO:

Takes my meatballs, other foods too because she discovered that it seems to work lol. Cat humor. I caught her in the act, on video lol.

Otherwise, aside from occasional knocking things over to let me know it's time to eat.. been much less of that lately.

We also had to get a new doorknob because one of the other cats figured out how to open the door.

Doggo knows he’s not allowed in our room (my one safe space), but he just has to know what’s going on. If the bedroom door isn‘t fully shut he slowly sticks just his nose in the crack and stays there indefinitely, quietly monitoring the situation. If he hears something he’ll nudge the door open fully and again sit there staring at us...
We took care of a friend's German Shorthaired Pointer for 3 months, in our home, years ago. The dog was used to having run of the owner's place, sleeping in bed with him, etc. I set the same rule - no dog in the bedroom. The first night he followed along happily as I was heading to bed, I turned around and told him to sit and then shut the door on him. He wimpered for a few minutes and then slid one of his paws under the door. Just sat there like that for a while.

He figured out pretty quick that I was serious so he decided to make his bed on one of the couches. I came down in the morning and there he was with the cushions all over the place arranged to his liking. That was our arrangement for the rest of his stay 😁

jeff

We took care of a friend's German Shorthaired Pointer for 3 months, in our home, years ago. The dog was used to having run of the owner's place, sleeping in bed with him, etc. I set the same rule - no dog in the bedroom. The first night he followed along happily as I was heading to bed, I turned around and told him to sit and then shut the door on him. He wimpered for a few minutes and then slid one of his paws under the door. Just sat there like that for a while.

He figured out pretty quick that I was serious so he decided to make his bed on one of the couches. I came down in the morning and there he was with the cushions all over the place arranged to his liking. That was our arrangement for the rest of his stay 😁

jeff

That's funny.

Our doggo used to run full tilt to beat us to the room, slamming it open. The problem: the door wasn't always cracked open. THUD! He figured out to stop doing that pretty quickly, but he still tests the door every time.

She doesn't do it to intentionally annoy me, but the other cat (not the one who makes me turn the water on so she can drink out of the faucet) loves to lay on me at night. Then she falls asleep snoring loudly right into my ear.

My grey parrot always talking sometimes loudly when I am on the phone. One time I was on the phone and she was carrying on so I told her to be quiet or I would put her back in the cage, the woman on the phone told me what I was doing is wrong treating to put a child in a cage and she threatened call children's services on me.
She sounded all embarrassed when I told her it is a parrot hollering because I am on the phone. She does all sorts of stuff to annoy me. LOL

Our Maltese is trained to ring a bell to ask to go outside. Every time he rings we have to go to him at the back door. Quite often it’s not to go potty, instead he’s holding a toy in his mouth and wants to play. Usually happens when we’re watching a really good show on tv.

Back