What do you think about this Carfax?

1038C98C-78A4-4CF5-9F97-3EC28096ADA6.jpeg

2003 Lexus RS300, 166k miles. This is the 12th page of the report.

The vehicle has a good service history and spent most of its time in Florida. I am curious how structural damage just suddenly appears after all these years with no indication as to how it got there. Cash repair? And how does it suddenly become a fleet vehicle after it was repossessed when there’s no mention of that before?

Fleet/Lease vehicle: repossessed because lease payments weren't being paid?

Maybe has some rust or previous rust repair that is showing up? That's not unheard of in Florida. Not every shop reports to Carfax.

yeah it is strange, I agree.. the report is going along, nothing big.. then put it up for sale and this "structural damage"..is listed bam! odd..

Sometimes, a single record that makes little sense could be a record from a different vehicle... something as simple as a VIN number was typed in incorrectly.

If one record on a report appears to be an outlier... it very well may be.

i presume you have googled the vin?

Weird report, id inspect it closely for structural damage and then proceed if i was satisfied. I'm well above average at spotting that kind of thing though.

Carfax will show a square box that that looks like a very basic car and the damaged area is shown. If its on the side they show side damage and if it's on the front it will appear as front damage. Hail damage usually will show all the way around the vehicle. I couldn't worry about the report because with 166,000 rounds it's more about condition than a piece of paper. You drive the car and the piece of paper or report is just an added enhancement. I do like Carfax especially on cars where they are service all at one shop and the records and oil changes are documented. It's only a guideline.

With the last record of a carfax being damage reported, you now know why its being sold. If I were shopping, this carfax would be tossed in the trash can.

Could be a typo like you put in the description of the vehicle. It’s a 20+ year old car. Look it over, test drive it, and buy or pass. I don’t put too much stock in Carfax reports. It could have had hail damage and the adjuster clicked roof as the damage area and somewhere along the way that becomes “structural” according to Carfax.

Driveshaft replaced by Midas?
I’ve had a driveshaft rebalanced. What kind of debris hit necessities a replacement?
Driving over parking berms at 20mph? Center dividers?

What's going on with September 6, 2023? Vehicle was physically repossessed in Sacramento or the paperwork was played in Sacramento?

What's going on with September 6, 2023? Vehicle was physically repossessed in Sacramento or the paperwork was played in Sacramento?

suspect that's a "paper repossession" its the same FLA title number.

2003 car with a loan is sorta weird to me to start with... (what's an RS 300 BTW)

Back