What do you put on your steak?

Filet: Salt and Pepper

Strip (etc): Salt and Pepper. Then finish off by basting with butter infused garlic/thyme/rosemary. Ya. I'm THAT guy.

Last edited:
sea salt/ pepper/ butter - or cajun soaked overnight

How do I like my steak? Next to my other steak.

The breakfast steak is the most important steak of the day.

UD

The "Steak" I make is London Broil seared in cast iron with a light shake of Montreal Steak Seasoning in the pan.
That's all. My only steak recipe.
Let her set and thin slice it. Some say "Japanese style". marinades well. .is absent edged fat. .economical. .usable as a leftover
Good on a salad or as a main.

MY STEAK TALE:
Note, Filet Mignon is not involved here.
An old, small hotel served nothing but THE BEST in steaks in their dining room.
No better introduction to steak could there be. I was young and recall no details but locally raised meat was common.
They set the bar quite high.
Darn near every steak I've had since has been inferior.
Everyone loves what I do with the L.B.

Marinate for a full 24 hours using Greek Salad marination sauce -- grilled medium rare then add fried mushrooms/onions on top. Works for me EVERYTIME!!!
wink.gif

The guys who respond with I don't eat this or that must be a lot of fun at parties. (excepting religious reasons) Come on, we're talking about steaks here. If you don't eat steaks, move on to the next posting. If you're telling us its bad for us, then you are dispensing medical advice which is against Bitog rules.
banana2.gif

Most times I use Dale's Liquid Steak Seasoning (or Lawry's Steak and Chop Marinade in a pinch) marinaded overnight. Always "cooked" rare, preferably over charcoal.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Marinate for a full 24 hours using Greek Salad marination sauce -- grilled medium rare then add fried mushrooms/onions on top. Works for me EVERYTIME!!!
wink.gif

20.gif

What time is dinner? I'll bring some Victory beer

Salt and pepper with a pat of butter when finished grilling.

Originally Posted by ZZman
I will admit I usually put A1 steak sauce on mine. Sometimes nothing.

How about you? Nothing? Mushrooms? A different sauce?

I too like A1. But, if the steak is grilled/cooked correctly it shouldn't need any sauce at all.

When I have time I mix up
Soy
Wostershire
Garlic
Black pepper
Brown sugar
Olive oil
And Bourbon
Mix and pour over a bone in ribeye for at least an hour to 3 hours
Grill with pecan wood and here's what ya get

7F8BF01A-9393-4934-B29A-A93F9A76A879.jpeg

Originally Posted by dadto2
Montreal steak seasoning.

You make your own or use Grill Mates?

Usually I don't put any seasoning on steak but when I do this is good stuff but easy to over do it. Sometimes I little a little A1 on the last few bites just because I like A1.

When I grill a steak. Salt,pepper,and butter only. And when I eat it,I dip it in melted butter. I always throw whole mushrooms, corn on the cob, and russet potatoes on the grill with it (always a ribeye),basting everything with melted butter. I use a combo of charcoal and wood.

Back