What do you like about your job/employer?

Been retired for 22 years , so work isn't hard and the boss isn't mean but he is an anal orifice. When I was gainfully employed I was treated like gold . great pay and benefits, I worked for a great company. Actually from the first real job I had until retiring every one I worked for treated me very good.

Last edited:
Biggest POS I ever worked for left the company and got a Federal job with DHS. I'd be going to lunch and this guy would be showing up for the first time that day. Also liked to play Warcraft at work, for hours. Obviously a shoe-in for a Federal job.

I work with a cute little gal, about 1/2 my age. We have become really good friends over a few years.

She makes my day, and I make hers. We have a couple beers and laughs after work, down at the lake.
NOTHING going on between us, just friends.

Planning a vacation together this spring. She had never been on an airplane or seen an ocean. We are gonna make that happen soon. She is a real "people person" and not a money grabber. My kids and family have met her, and approve.

Other than that, the job sucks! :)
Congratulations.
I was in a similar situation once. I was dating my gf's daughter and it was all cool until
her husband found out. 🤔:oops:

No job or career is perfect. Luckily I’ve always had good bosses and really no big problems.

I have great benefits and low stress work environment. Most of the employees were good and not caused any trouble.

Currently 34 years at the same job and maybe 3 more years until retirement.

Last edited:
my son just graduated college and will start a job in Aug. i hope his company is a generous as yours when it comes to further education.

What degree up is your son getting and field he is wanting to work in ?

I worked for 40 yrs for electric utility companies . Mostly high voltage substations . Fascinating work . There were a few perks that made me stay as long as I did but I finally had enough of the backstabbers and corporate nonsense that was getting worse every year . Now I just sit back and wait for the monthly deposits . No more call outs , No more working in bad weather . No more missing holidays or birthdays , etc.
What I liked was the pay , the take home truck , and being a part of some awesome technology . I'm adjusting well though ... 😊

My job is usually interesting, but isn't too stressful most of the time, and now I get to work from home as much as I want, so that's nice. Just need to get some raises that keep up with inflation!

Thought we could start a thread and post some positive stuff. What do you like about your job/employer?

While I work for a Fortune 500 company, I feel it's to an extent somewhat family oriented. I don't feel like a number. We all know so many people across the business well and there's a good company culture. I feel comfortable at work and know many others do too. The team I work on (11 people) get along great, some of us really are friends. I can work from home as much as I want. And starting this year they now pay for college 100%, no expenses whatsoever for all 25,000 employees (including part time). That includes Bachelor's, Master's, and some PhD programs. Right now there's 2 universities online but they will be adding more shortly. I'm considering going back and getting my Master's degree because why not if it’s free?

Any other good companies out there?
Flexibility of hours: I make my own schedule.
Pay: They compensate me very well for my time.
Minimal managing: I do a good job and am left alone. They do not constantly demand that I do extra stupid crap for them like previous employers.

I like that I'm integral part to day to day operations.

I like that management takes my suggestions, observations, etc, very seriously and yet they'll still laugh and have a good time with humor even when it's not always applicable.

Even after 25yrs, I still get all giddy when I fire up a ~12000hp centrifugal compressor or other huge trains of equipment, get the plants producing products, often by myself.

There's plenty that's not so rosy about it also, but for me, the goods outweigh the bads.

Reactions: Ws6
Back