what do you guys think about Pontiac G6 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sirgerman
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Go test drive that Buick and I promise you you'll be driving it home.

sorry that one sold

Aw man! Heck,I would've loved to have that car! I didn't realize they were that inexpensive.

The "most American" car, in terms of percentage of parts and assembly value from the U.S., would be a Kentucky-built Toyota Camry. An '02-'06 Camry with <60k can be found in your price range. They're very good cars; my '02 has 249K on it, and, with wear-component replacements, is stilll rolling along nicely.

You can find low mileage larger sized cars in that price range: Ford Crown Vic, Mercury Grand Marquis, Cadillac, Lincolns, etc. Not that hard to find a senior owned car with 40K-65K miles for $4K to $7K....and some of those will look no different than 2-3 year old cars.

I bought my 2002 Linc with 22K miles in 2009 for $9K from a dealer. A comparable car today would be a 2009 for $9K or say a 2007 for $7K. They are out there, but sell fast when they are 1 owner and mint with 20K to 60K miles.

+1. My Lacrosse (with the 3800) will pull 30 mpg on the interstate (70-75) with the ac on, and 32 mpg on a two-lane highway going 55-60. Super comfy, quiet and solid. A great car, particularly for the money.

I purchased a new 2006 G6 2.4 for my daughter to go to college in her senior year then. She still drives it to this day. Although married but living nearby, I maintain it. It runs well with an average 26-27 mpg.

Beyond the normal OCIs, it's had new rotors and pads around, shocks and struts, lower control arms and sway bar links. Of course, the intervals of Dex VI changes for the transmission and Dex-Cool coolant R&R. New plugs at 100k.

It's had a couple of recalls for steering and ignition switch.

Currently has 103k and will get left front and rear motor/trans mounts in the Spring. It's starting to rattle and believe that is the problem. It drives straight and true. She likes the car because of the no cost to purchase and likes the maintenance plan she received with the car. Dad.

Last edited:
IMO GM vehicles of that era (05-11) are a roll of the dice.

We have multiple GM's from that era( 4 to be exact). The engines have all been bulletproof but the transmissions and electronics have been... well... junk. I still like GM's but that era doesn't seem to hold up well in our experience.

I dated a girl a few years back that had a G6, it had transmission and front end issues before it hit 70K miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sirgerman
I know, what about a 2004 Dodge Stratus SE with only 55000 miles on it ?

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3424396?ad_cid=13
Maybe if they took a 0 off at the end of the price.

Low miles doesn't mean much.

I'd rather have a high miles car known for reliability, than a low miles junker.

My great-uncle has an immaculate & perfectly maintained 1998 Plymouth Breeze with 114k miles. My Camry probably has a lot more miles left in it than that thing.

No, some of the other options already mentioned would be the way to go. The blacked out hubcaps don't help the cause either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back