What did you reload today

Didn’t reload, but took delivery of my Redding 6.5 Creedmoor die set...Got 100 Berger 140 Gr VLD Hunter on the way. View attachment 45384
Are those the Premium series dies?

I'm still waiting for the Redding S type bushing dies to become available again for my 6.5 creedmoor, my just pull the trigger on the whidden dies if I have to wait much longer.

no reloading today casting 185 gr H+G 130 BB for 45 acp nice mold a 4 banger.
LOL yes those 4 cavity molds really let you hammer out the bullets don't they.
You still cast lead in California?
What kind of lube are you using on those?
What Brindle hardness lead are you using?

LOL yes those 4 cavity molds really let you hammer out the bullets don't they.
You still cast lead in California?
What kind of lube are you using on those?
What Brindle hardness lead are you using?
yeah lead is harder to get no more wheel weights.
use Glenns white label Red carnuba lube, alloy is ?? maybe about BHN of 10-11 is about 1-2% tin 1-2% antimony.

Today I reloaded 1000 rounds of 40 S&W. That makes it 4,000 rounds this year.
Nothing. I can’t find primers anywhere. I have an 8 lb jug of old generic pistol powder but it may have spent too many summers in an un air conditioned room here in Arizona for me to trust it.

Nothing. I can’t find primers anywhere. I have an 8 lb jug of old generic pistol powder but it may have spent too many summers in an un air conditioned room here in Arizona for me to trust it.
Well it sounds like you're set for a busy three days of shooting!

A bunch of what I call 6ARC ammo.. Its full name is 6mm Advanced Rifle Cartridge, which turns into 6mm ARC or 6ARC.. It's a higher-performance cartridge for AR-15-sized actions, with same rim and (generally) body size as the 6.5 Grendel.
2021Mar21_1050124_Ammo box_1500w.jpg

My rifle is a Uintah UP-15...
2021Mar20_1050119_right center close-1500W.jpg

...a bolt-action that uses AR-15 lowers.. I received mine last month but did not complete the barrel break-in, and then I got obsessed with my 6XC-caliber benchrest rifle.. Now I'm back to Little6. :) Scope is a Zeiss Conquest V6 5-30X56X30 that may be the optically finest scope I've ever looked thru.

Last edited:
I loaded about 25 rounds of 30 Carbine ammo. I may test tomorrow be loading loading more. I was given several lbs of IMR-4227 powder, the 30 carbine is a good candidate.

Hi.
Not so much what i have been reloading as what i intend to do once this bloody lockdown has been lifted. All shooting ranges closed.

I have a new 25-06 Barrel on the Borden Action that needs a load brewing for it. I take all my reloading gear to the range and get set up there.

Got some Nosler Brass and various Bullets to try. May well source some Barnes as the legislation over here is very much leading to lead free Bullets for Deer Hunting. 100 grain TTSX should do the Job :). I would use the 80 grain but law states 100 grain minimum where i stalk Red and Fallow.

Not the best of pics but here is the 25-06.

051.JPG

Hi.
Not so much what i have been reloading as what i intend to do once this bloody lockdown has been lifted. All shooting ranges closed.

I have a new 25-06 Barrel on the Borden Action that needs a load brewing for it. I take all my reloading gear to the range and get set up there.

Got some Nosler Brass and various Bullets to try. May well source some Barnes as the legislation over here is very much leading to lead free Bullets for Deer Hunting. 100 grain TTSX should do the Job :). I would use the 80 grain but law states 100 grain minimum where i stalk Red and Fallow.

View attachment 51480
Is that a British or Japanese rifle it drives on the left. Don't see many of those models.

Hi.

View attachment 51480
Lefty's rule!

Is that a British or Japanese rifle it drives on the left. Don't see many of those models.
Hi JJ.
Bit of a Mongrel really. American action (Borden), American stock (McMillan) Kiwi barrel (Truflite) American scope (Leupold) and British rail and rings (Tier One).
Driving on the left is the only logical way to do things :) .

Yes i am a lefty. All my Bolt guns are left handed. I manage ok though with a 10/22 and Berreta and Mossberg shotguns which are all right handed.

Back